mark doesn't mind if he breaks up with donghyuck, he could just make donghyuck pay without being his boyfriend. he just doesn't know how.

he got inside the office and saw mr. kim sitting down calmly at his chair.

excuse me?

mark!❞ the teacher stood up and went to mark ❝you look.. nervous.

mark clapped his hands as if he was praying ❝please don't tell me that i failed.

the teacher could only laugh ❝what?

mark raised a brow ❝why are you laughing?

i called you because your cousin came to me.

the student's jaw dropped ❝what did he say?

he was looking for a student named donghyuck?❞ the teacher tapped his chin ❝i don't think we have a student named donghyuck though..

mark was honestly panicking right now.

🏵

donghyuck!?

mark shouted as soon as he got inside the house but was greeted with no response from the boy and a bark from his dog.

he looked everywhere, got inside in all rooms, checked the kitchen, and even went to the garden but there was no donghyuck. he couldn't find him.

did he leave?❞ mark mentally cursed, how on earth did he actually believe in donghyuck.

a while ago he was debating whether he should leave donghyuck alone in the house or bring him to school and decided to leave him alone just because donghyuck gave him those puppy eyes. the younger didn't want to go and stick beside mark all day, especially when the older would be going to his "all rich" school.

i even forgot to ask his number.❞ mark took out his phone and stared at it ❝does he even have one?

what's important is that he should find donghyuck. taeyong is this near to finding out about donghyuck and mark is afraid that taeyong would put him to jail. stealing a wallet may seem nothing to other rich people since they have plenty of money but taeyong is that protective towards mark. if taeyong finds out about what's mark been up to before finding his wallet, his cousin will immediately punish donghyuck for making mark suffer.

mark didn't have to tell taeyong, he could just lie. but taeyong will do everything to find the truth. that's what's scary and that's why he needs to find donghyuck before taeyong does. find donghyuck and enroll him to his school.

it would benefit the both of them, donghyuck would be having a high quality education and mark would not receive any scoldings from his cousin and his father. yeah, mark's father have similarities with taeyong but the man is the best father you could have, it's just that he's too overprotective, just like taeyong.

he panted as he reached the apartment mark dropped donghyuck the last time. this was his last hope for finding donghyuck.

why does he even care? he could just leave donghyuck alone and let taeyong do his work. but part of him is screaming to save donghyuck.

mark opened the door that leads to the rooftop and he was so happy that he could shout. there stood, donghyuck, by the railings. he was looking down the city.

he didn't want to ruin the younger's moment but he had to ❝donghyuck!

donghyuck turned around with a groan ❝you again?

yes me again.❞ mark quickened his pace and grabbed donghyuck's wrist ❝let's go home.

donghyuck struggled in his hold ❝i'm already home!

this is not home, donghyuck.❞ mark pointed at the arranged stuffs called 'home' ❝that is not home!

it may look so beautiful because of it's christmas lights serving as his source of light, the already used sofa as his bed, and his old clothes stacked inside the box. it looked more like a secret hideout than a home.

and before you know it, donghyuck was already crying ❝just leave me alone, that's what all of you are good at right?

hyuck—

first it was my family, second it was lucas.❞ donghyuck covered his face with both of his hands and sobbed ❝i'm used to it, just leave me alone.

mark felt bad for shouting at him.

i'm already home, just leave.

mark then hugged the boy to at least comfort him ❝sshh..

i'm already..❞ donghyuck sobbed on mark's chest ❝who am i kidding, i have no home.

mark patted the younger's back as he said something that made donghyuck feel what he's been wanting to feel. for the first time, he didn't feel lonely, he didn't feel like he had no where to go because mark is there.

i'll be your home.

t b c