Vanessa laughed at the low-key offensive comment and got inside.

"Never seen the 'drive slowly' board anywhere?" Alex asked, bending to look at them through the open window.

"Good morning to you too, Graham Jr.," Marly grinned.

"Mornin' Heather, sad to see you too," he said.

Marly scoffed. "And here I thought I was forgiven."

"Oh no not soon, you two have a hella lot of compensation," he grinned and looked at them with a somber expression, "and on a serious note, don't drive fast, don't get arrested and don't get killed."

"That's only if I die," Marly confided.

"That's...same as killing?"

"I think that is enough prattle for a day," Vanessa interrupted with her forefinger held up, "you guys could fight for an eternity if you can. We'll be late. Bye Alexy."

"Don't call me that," he shouted as the car sped dangerously. Through the rear view mirror, she saw him shake his head as he went inside.

*

Vanessa kept both her hands on her head, and stared at the blank paper. Cue for the mention of the date, her name and the first five one worded answers, the majority of the literature paper was empty.

Ms. Clinton, their literature teacher was busy talking to one of the first bench students. Judging by her frown, she looked like she was on the verge of blasting. Before she could get to Vanessa, she tapped the girl in front of her and handed her paper.

"Situation," Vanessa shrugged as the girl looked at her with wide eyes.

She had finished the paper in a record time of five minutes, ignoring the fact that the majority of the paper was blank.

The girl threw her unimpressed look before passing her paper to the front. The girl acted as though Vanessa had requested that they switch papers. What an ass!

Vanessa looked towards Marly and made a small noise to draw her attention.

Marly was two benches away from her, her face was glued to a book, which made it even harder to gain here attention. Vanessa made a hissing noise to which Marly looked up. "Did you turn to a shape-shifting serpent?"

Vanessa rolled her eyes in response.

"Anyway how was the paper?"

"I did not write anything," Vanessa whispered loudly, "so I don't know what to say."

Marly looked at her with a dubious expression, "that bad?"

"Bad?" she whispered, expressing her displeasure through the raise in her voice. The girl in the front row turned back and glared. Vanessa whispered, "Sorry." She turned her attention to Marly, "it was horrible. That wretch could have told about the exam beforehand."

Marly's face turned uncertain. "She did mention about it two days ago, Vans."

A loud roar erupted through the silence and Vanessa had no time to think about her absentmindedness for she was gushed along with the sea of St. Agnes' students. They ran to the huge glass window that overlooked the main road. Vanessa was gratified that the windows were made with tempered glass or the school would have to face more than a few deaths because right now, the whole school(except the vexed staff) was right at the windows.

"Get back to your places right this moment," Ms. Clinton shouted over the loud noise, "or I'm going to bust you all."

Vanessa got on her tiptoes to get a better view of the scene. The excitement that ran through her nerves was mirrored on her face, just like every other girl in the room.

As the thundering sound got louder and closer, Vanessa felt her excitement double.

The thrill that choked its way out through her throat broke out into a galvanizing scream as the scene rolled into action. It added to the vibrating effect the exhaust sound of the racing bikes speeding past them left.

And there the fandom of the extremely proud and arrogant girls of St. Agnes Academy came to life.

The racing bikes whizzed along the isolated private roads, leaving the walls in tremors. The hoots and cheers intensified as the bikers returned with the second wave where they performed stunts.

The bikers donned in black gears were the St. Agnes girls' version of Prince Charming. Who they were behind those helmets were a mystery. Were they high school students? College-goers? Mobs? Criminals? Aliens? Or Avengers? No one knew.

The only thing that they knew was that the bikers knew well to show off their colors, occasionally.

The anonymity only added to the inexplicable affection they had for the bikers. They were just a whole bunch of Robin Hoods with an excess of Maid Marians.

The distant sound of sirens alerted the bikers leading them to depart soon after.

Someone must have informed the cops, Vanessa thought glumly.

It was one of the main reasons for the anonymity. The fear of getting arrested for trespassing private properties and disturbing school children. Not that they were disturbed or something, but the school and authorities liked the concept of exaggeration.

The roads reverted back to being dull and the girls to their seats. Amid the excited chatter of the latest entertainment prevalent in the class, they had forgotten the furious teacher infront of them.

Ms. Clinton's face was a fuming red, steam literally gushing out from both her ears.

Uh oh.

"Detention. Every single one of you."