Take Your Kid to Work Day Finale

Start from the beginning

~Time skip, 20 minutes later~

"Welcome everyone. Today we are reviewing the case of Rodger, a sophomore, who is accused of stealing a giraffe from the zoo that just opened down the street. He was supposedly seen driving away in a minivan with the giraffe's head out the window. Mr. Hamilton and Mr. Burr are on the defense team. You may begin." John Adams, the judge for the trial, said.

"Members of the jury, I'm curious, bear with me, are you aware that we are making history? This is the first giraffe robbery of our brand new zoo. The man behind the plan does not drive a minivan and therefore it's not this sophomore." Alexander began.

"Excuse me but why are you rhyming?" John Adams asked.

"I thought it'd be fun." Alexander shrugged.

"I'll be intervening." Burr said while pushing Alexander into a chair. "Rodger is innocent. Call your first witness in."

"That's all you had to say." Aaron said sitting next to him.

"Okay." Alexander said. "One more thing."

"Nope." Burr said, shoving him back in his seat.

"Jefferson, Madison, your witness please." John Adams ordered.

"I would like to call Silvy to the stand." Thomas said with a smug smirk.

I wanna ripe that smirk off his E-I-E-I-O face with a baa baa here and a baa baa there, Alexander thought viciously.

Silvy walked to the stage and sat down. "Silvy, tell us where you were at the time of the crime."

"Well, y'all I was just 'bout to go home after work and I saw a teenage boy stuffin' a giraffe in his car. At first I didn't think it was real so I did what any sensible person would do and took pictures for my Instagram story. Here they are." Silvy held up the two pictures.

"Do you think the boy you saw is Rodger?" James asked.

"He was on that shift that day so it could have been him." Silvy answered.

"Silvy, you are dismissed." Thomas directed. "My dear jury, I would like you all to look at these pictures and look at Rodger. He has the same color hair and skin tone."

"But," Alexander interrupted. "Rodger is a licensed driver of a pickup truck not a minivan."

"Mr. Hamilton, you were not asked to speak." John threatened. "Before the jury reaches its decision, both teams can make one last statement to sway their vote. Prosecution team, go ahead."

"Jury, you all saw the pictures and Rodger was one of the only people on duty, he is the only sensible suspect. I think we can all agree that Rodger is guil-" James was cut off by Alexander..

"Not guilty. If that is not even his car-" Alexander started. Burr face-palmed at him and shook his head sadly.

"Mr. Hamilton! It is not your turn to speak." John Adams said, standing up in outrage.

"Sit down, John! You fat mother f-" Before he had been able to finish, Eliza had taken out her spare air-horn that she kept just in case and blown it. Everyone turned to look at her in the audience.

"There are children present." Eliza hissed to her husband.

"Sorry." he whispered back, though it didn't sound very regretful.

"Anyways," John began. "since the defensive team is being difficult," Alexander muttered something that suspiciously sounded like cat other ducker. "the jury will come to a decision after this short recess."