Chapter 9: Second Gym

Dakota opens his eyes to find Cyndaquil on his stomach. He looked around to see where Kelsey and her Fennekin were, but they weren't there. Cyndaquil woke up and hopped off of Dakota to let him sit up. He looked again to see where she was. He noticed a piece of paper on her sleeping bag. Dakota picked it up and it said:

Dear Dakota,

Fennekin and I are heading to Azalea Town to get fresh air before your battle with the Gym.

We'll be waiting for you.

~Kelsey

He put the paper in his pocket. He grabbed Pidgey's poke ball, "Pidgey, return." He packed all of his things and headed towards town.

Dakota entered the Gym and glanced at everything in it. There were webs and bugs made of stone for decoration. He heard someone coming behind him. He turned around, it was Kelsey and her Fennekin

"Hey you're up bed head." She said looking at his messed up hair.

"Oh yeah," he fixed the bed head, "So did you get your fresh air?"

"Yes we did and we're ready to watch your battle." Kelsey said.

"Oh are you now?" A voice said from the center of the web. He had purplish hair and a net with him. "My name is Bugsy, the Bug-Type Pokemon Gym Leader and I accept your battle."

Dakota grinned, "Awesome, we should begin."

"Agreed." Bugsy said.

"We'll be over here." Kelsey said pointing to the side of the battle area.

Cyndaquil walked on to the field and Bugsy sent out Kakuna. The battle begins.

"Cyndaquil, use Ember!" Dakota ordered.

"Kakuna, use Poison Sting!" Bugsy ordered.

Cyndaquil shot fire from his mouth and it hit Kakuna before it could attack causing it to faint.

"Kakuna, return." Bugsy said as Kakuna returned to its poke ball. The Gym Leader sent out a Metapod.

"Alright Cyndaquil, use Ember once again!" Dakota commanded.

Cyndaquil shot more fire from his mouth. The fire directly hit Metapod and it fainted.

Dakota smiled and said, "Just one more Cynda-" He stopped to see Cyndaquil start glowing.

"Cyndaquil is evolving!" Kelsey yelled.

Cyndaquil completed his transformation. Cyndaquil was now a...

"Quilava, the Volcano Pokemon!" Dakota said. Quilava's fire grew big and got in a fighting stance.

"Come out Scyther!" Bugsy said as a Pokemon came out with bladed arms and wings.

Dakota smiled and said, "This battle is nearing our end."