Chapter 2: The First Catch

"Well, I guess we start training for our first gym battle. Right Cyndaquil?" Dakota asked. The little Pokemon looked up at Dakota and nodded. "I wonder if we can catch any Poke-" Dakota gasped and looked into his bag to find pokeballs, but there weren't any in it. "Aw man, I forgot to ask Professor Elm for pokeballs." He said with a groan. They started to head back home when they heard a voice in the distance.

"Hey Dakota, you left these!" It was Professor Elm with a bag of pokeballs. "Sorry....I was....too busy looking...at more...research that I for...got." Elm said catching his breath. "Oh, it's not an issue. We were just coming back to get them." Dakota said.

"Oh well that's good. Here you go. Six pokeballs," Elm said giving Dakota the bag. "I'll be on my way back to town now. Good luck on your adventure!" Elm said waving. Dakota waved back and continued on. "Alright, let's see what we can fight here," Dakota said. Suddenly, a rustle in the grass startled Cyndaquil and he turned to face what was about to come out. It was a Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokemon. Cyndaquil was ready to fight Pidgey. "Alright, let's do this Cyndaquil!" Dakota exclaimed. Cyndaquil nodded as its back caught fire. "Cyndaquil, use ember!" Dakota ordered. Cyndaquil shot fire out of its mouth and it hit Pidgey. Pidgey swoops in for a tackle, but Cyndaquil dodged it.

Dakota ordered Cyndaquil to use tackle; the fire mouse Pokemon launches out an attack on Pidgey. "Pidgey is about to faint, I guess this a good time to catch it." Dakota says while looking for a pokeball. He manages to find one and throws it at Pidgey. The ball moves once, twice, and one more time before it clicked. Dakota had just caught obtained a Pidgey.

"YES!" Dakota yells as he runs to grab the pokeball. "I caught a Pidgey!" He and Cyndaquil are jumping up and down with joy. "My first catch, and our first battle," Dakota says looking at Cyndaquil. "Let's head to CherryGrove Town and rest up." Cyndaquil nodded as they start walking to the next town.