Can We Live As Friends ??

I slowly turned the door knob, entering the room without making the voice. There she was sleeping on a cold floor , why is she sleeping on the floor when there is king size bed, i bent near her and call out " bela wakeup " no response , i call out again but a bit louder , as I could hear mom footsteps " wake up bela ,get into the bed , mom is about to open the door" , she lazily opened her eyes , finding me so near she stoodup with a jerk and her eyes widden as saucer , before she could get into bed again mom came in , i really hope she doesnt notice anything , i dont want her to get suspicious.
Sumitra" good morning beta, uth gaye tum donu" i turned towards maa with a smile plastered on my face " good morning" i replied kissing her cheek. Only Her happiness matters to me, now maybe bela's as well.
"Get ready and come for breakfast , as yes bela i bought this dress for you , we have held a small reception " mom said caressing bela's face lovingly "
Maa it was really not required i already have enough, this is too much" bela told maa " kyun nahi, you are daughter , main toh har armaan pura karungi , aur tum itni pyaari ho" maa replied pulling her into side hug " wah Maa, you changed sides in a single night, meri biwi pe itna pyaar aur main " i complained jokingly , before maa could reply "main hun hi aisi k sabko mujhpe pyaar ajaye" bela said , i looked into her eyes smiling she immediately left to get ready.

We all had our breakfast and mom asked bela to prepare lunch as it was her first day , a ritual that brides perform. I looked at bela , she was clueless so i tired to convince Maa to let it go "Mama can we just skip this ritual, we already had enough drama" , " possessive enough haan mahir, its just nothing a small ritual you dont worry"

Bela Pov
Sumi Maa lead me to kitchen and asked me to prepare any sweet dish for lunch. As she left the kitchen , i prepared rice pudding the only sweet dish i know how to cook. I separated a bowl for mahir adding extra dry fruits , and mixed some poison. " mahir have to die, death is the only punishment that he deserves". I placed all the bowls in a tray and served to all the family member one by one, mahir took spoonful of rice pudding and I closed my eyes , only 2 more seconds and he will me more but i heard paulo aunty say " arey rice pudding is Yuvi favourite, tum biwi mahir ki ho par sweet dish Yuvi ki pasand ki , nice " i glared towards her, mahir immediately left the dinning hall for work, " crap , just because of paulomi my planned fail".

Admiring the lehenga that Maa gave for the reception , i was waiting for vishaka to arrive. She came in clad in maroon dress and golden jewellry , being in her naagin form. " Come vish , i was waiting for you. Sehgal have arranged a reception, everyone will be there, you know what you have to do, leave mahir i will deal with him myself. I dismissed vishakah and left for getting ready for tonight.

Mahir POV

Ending my call with manager, i step towards stair when maa called me. I went to her room "mahir i need to talk to you" "yes Maa" " is eveything alright between you and bela, don't lie to , be very honest i saw you sleeping on corridor couch " i looked everywhere than in her eyes "look mahir , give her time and space , it was too a shock for her, you both are such good friends , mahir give a chance to this marriage, take this , give it to bela and talk to her" i took the bangles , maa is right i need to be rational one in this relationship.

I entered the room and bela was not there i kept the bangles near my laptop and plan to get dressed for tonight, i took my shirt off and suddenly she opened the bathroom door, she immediately shut her eyes, embrassing both of us " i am sorry , i didnt knew you were there actually i am not used to sharing room. You can open your eyes" she removed hands from her eyes and kept staring , i thought she would say something but instead she ignored me. " i'll change inside" i informed her picking up my clothes
Smoothening her hairs, she looked beautiful, my gazed was fixed on her , nòticing each and every feature of her , her black glassy eyes are mirror of her heart "this a namesake marriage , and here i am admiring her " as this thought passed by i remember what Maa told me.
"Bela these are for you" i passed on the bangles " what for, why are you giving me" she inquired raising eyebrow " Maa asked me to give you these" she quietly wear them " and one more thing , Maa saw and noticed eveything and I dont want to hurt her, so unfortunately we have share this" she gave me a weird look which i couldnt decipher " don't worry I dont expect anything, and i'll take the couch" she nodded her head in agreement " waise bela why were you sleeping on floor in the morning , there is a king size bed and it is all yours as i was not in the room" "woh woh" she looked here and there stammering " it's okay" , looking one last time in the mirror she turned to leave "bela ??" " Ji mahir ji" " can we be friends again, i know you are hurt because of my decision, but can you please give another chance" she looked in my eyes and left closing the room with loud thud. I smack my forehead loudly when suddenly she came in " I am ready to give another chance, but it will take sometime for me to trust you again" i grinned and gave her a toothy smile like a kid.

I request all my readers to vote, comment and share

Regards
XOXO