Chapter 36 "Guilt"

Start from the beginning

She nodded before standing up, "Okay. I'll let you sleep now. If you need anything, just call me or your parents, we'll be downstairs," she said as she walked to the door.

"Actually..." I looked up when I thought of something, "can you stay with me? I could use some company," I said, hopeful. She opened her mouth but closed it eventually before approaching me.

She sighed, "You know I want to, but you're parents are here."

"Well, it's not like we're gonna do something."

She put her hand atop mine, "I know, but I don't want them to think I'm disrespecting them."

"Fine, I can't convince you, can I?" I relented, letting out a disappointed sigh at the same time. She cupped my cheek, making me gaze back at her, and she smiled weakly.

"Nope. Go to sleep, I'll wake you up when dinner's ready," she said before capturing my lips, kissing me briefly. She then stood up and walked out of the room, leaving me wanting her. Feeling disappointed, I carefully tuck myself on the bed, and before long, I was pulled into sleep.

*

I stirred awake and slowly lifted myself, careful not to strain too much, to look at the clock on the bedside table. It was already seven in the evening and frankly, I was a little hungry but didn't feel like eating. Around this time was my usual dinner but after everything that happened, I didn't think I could eat properly. 

As I was about to pull the cover off, wanting to go to the bathroom, the door suddenly swung open and came in Scarlett, holding a tray of food, and when she caught sight of me, her face instantly lightened up as she flashed a wide smile.

"I was about to wake you beautiful...Perfect timing," she said as she weakly kicked the door shut and strode towards me.

"Babe, you don't have to do that. I don't really have an appetite."

She settled down the tray on the bed with a sigh, "Liv, you need to eat. Look at you, you're getting thinner."

"I know, I just don't feel like eating."

"Well, you need to eat whether you like it or not, even if it means I have to feed you."

I rolled my eyes at her stubbornness, "God babe, you really don't take no for an answer, do you?"

She smirked, "Not really. Now, open your mouth," she said as she held a spoonful of food to my mouth. I stared at her for a moment before my gaze shifted to the food in front of me. It looked really delicious and since I couldn't convince Scarlett to let me be, I decided to open my mouth and welcomed the food. As soon as the taste melted inside my mouth, I could tell with no doubt that mom made it. Her chicken skillet was the most delicious food I ever tasted and it was a shame how I refused to eat it in the first place.

"Delish?" she asked, smiling."

I nodded, "Definitely, and I could tell this is mom's cooking."

"Bingo. Your mom really is a great cook. I wish I could cook stuff like this, but I don't think that's possible, considering I don't like cooking," she said jokingly causing me to instantly chuckle. 

"You're crazy," I commented.

"Well, at least I made you smile."

I took a deep breath, "Yeah... I needed that."

She tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and smiled. "I know you do...More?" she asked as she gestured to the food.

"Yes please."

I finished my dinner not long after and decided to help Scarlett in washing the dishes. I admit, I had a nice dinner, not only because I got to taste my mom's delicious cooking once again, but also because Scarlett was feeding me, that I enjoyed the time. I knew I was taking advantage of my situation that I let her feed me, but I didn't want to stop her as I was liking the attention and the time she was giving me.