Struggles

We're at chapter 36 now guys...just so you know, this might end at chapter 50 or 55, possibly 60 at the most, give or take a couple. There is an epic battle on the way though, at the end of this book 😏 also, I have a sort of surprise for y'all in this chapter? I guess? IDK...

The days seemed to drag on for so long after that. They couldn't tell if it was night time from day time, and Hyunjin was being dragged out once, maybe twice every 12 hours or so. Felix had barely gotten a wink of sleep, and he was in a constant battle with his own thoughts.

They were all struggling to keep themselves alive, Hyunjin only eating thw bare minimum so he had enough strength to fight. There was nothing they could do except wait; wait for the moment that Chan would rescue them, or maybe one of the others would.

A week passed, and they were starting to lose hope.

"They'll never find us. We're in the fucking mountains, or so Seokjin says" Changbin spoke bitterly, "they don't even know that mountains exist in the Districts!"

"We're outside the Districts dumbass" Seungmin spoke up with a sour expression, "but...I unfortunately have to agree with you, they'll never find us up here" Seungmin frowned.

"You two are idiots" Hyunjin growled out from his place leaning up against the opposite wall, "we have to hope and have faith that Chan will find us"

"What's the point?" The shaky voice of Felix spoke, "we're somewhere that is unknown to everyone except Seokjin, Lisa and that fucking traitor Kunpimook" Felix turned his head to face Hyunjin, "we're a lost cause. Us and my babies are going to die in here, so there's no point in hoping for something we know won't happen"

Hyunjin wanted to say something, but he shut his mouth. He too had lost hope, but he still want d to try.

The least they could do was try.

Seungmin sighed heavily as he lied down on his side, his head resting in one of Felix's outstretched legs.

"I wanna sleep...but I can't" Seungmin muttered sadly, "not without my Innie" Seungmin sniffled.

Jeongin would sing him to sleep most nights, and the red haired boy had grown used to the sound of his boyfriends angelic voice. Felix knew this, and suddenly started to sing.

He sung a song that his sister used to sing when he and Minho were younger, around the time she had met Seokjin and thw two started to date.

"Her true colours fade away
And her wings are a tattered mess
A broken promise and a broken heart
Two words that she never thought could break her
Now she's sitting on the sidewalk
Thinking to herself
What went wrong?
That broken promise and that broken heart
All the things that her world forgot

'Cause she's a broken angel
Never to be repaired
Yeah, she's a broken angel
Who thought nobody loved her
Then he came along
And made her strong again
He fixed a broken angel" Felix's voice broke slightly.

He was the broken angel in this instance, waiting for his hero, Chan to come and save him. The more he sang, his heart felt less heavy, like his hope was being restored.

"The man before had hurt her so
She could never speak or ever tell of his crimes
So many times
She was beaten and bruised
So many times
She was shattered and used
Too many times she was thrown away
Too many times she was caught in his way

Cause she's a broken angel
Never to be repaired
Yeah, she's a broken angel
Who thought nobody loved her
Then he came along
And made her strong again
He fixed a broken angel

Crying in the rain, yeah
Crying for her broken heart, whoa
She shattered to pieces long before
He heard her cries in the middle of the storm
He found her all broken and torn

Cause she's a broken angel
Never to be repaired
Yeah, she's a broken angel
Who thought nobody loved her
Then he came along
And made her strong again

Cause she's a broken angel
Never to be repaired
Yeah, she's a broken angel
Who thought nobody loved her
Then he came along
And made her strong again
He fixed a broken angel" Felix finished singing the song, silent tears streaming down his cheeks.

He was struggling to hold himself together...

He truly was a broken angel

So, basically the surprise was...the song. If you're wondering who wrote it, it was me. Its been about five years since I wrote it, I still remember the guitar chords and I still know how to play it hehe. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

District 9 (ChanLix)||Book 2 {✔}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें