Chapter 8.

Dylans POV

It had been two weeks that Mason and I had been living with Liam and Niall, so I figured it was time to stop putting off the unavoidable. We had to go to our old home and pack up all our stuff. I knew this was going to be hard to do, because Mason had just started to get over our loss. But we really needed our stuff. Theres only so many times you can wear the same four outfits before it starts getting old. And I missed everything. Maybe once we got some of our own stuff in this flat, it would feel a little bit more like ours, and not just like Liam and Nialls.

Ahh, Liam and Niall. Maybe we should drag them along too, to make the packing go by faster. I decided to make them breakfast to bribe them into coming with us to pack. I knew this would at least work on Niall, and once I got him on board with this idea, he would drag Liam along. I made a few stacks of pancakes, laid them out on the table and decided to do the polite thing, and started eating mine before anyone else got to the table. As soon as I set them down, Niall came running. You can always count on the smell of food when it comes to Niall. He smiled as he sat down across from me to eat his pancakes.

"Did you make these?" He asked

"Yep. And now I need you to do me a favor." I said smiling.

"Sure, what?" he said.

"Mason and I are going to be moving the stuff from our old place today, so I need you and Liam to come and help us out." I asked.

"Of course, Babe." he said smiling. I had to stiffle a giggle when he called me Babe. After I kissed him, we've been flirting alot, and we've kissed a couple times since then, but he hasnt asked me out or anything, and we havent told any of the boys. I havent even told Mason, who iI tell everything to. Whatever. Once he makes a real move I'll tell them.

Later That Day

Harry, Louis and Zayn found out that we were moving everything that day so they offered to help. To avoid staying out of the kitchen, living room, our parents room, Ryans room, or any other place that might remind us of them too much and make us break down, we decided for the time being to only pack our rooms. Liam and Niall helped me in my room and Harry, Louis and Zayn helped Mas in her room. As we went into my room, I felt sad and almost embarassed. Sad, because this was the last time I would see my childhood bedroom in one peice, and embarassed because Liam Payne and Niall Horan were walking around my room, looking at every shelf and every drawer that contained everything that ever happened to me over the course of my eightteen years.

I mean, I guess my room was cute. The walls were white, except for one which was completly covered in posters of one direction. Okay, now this was really embarassing. I saw them looking at the posters and trying not to laugh, as I started to dig a hole to bury myself in. (A/N there wasnt really a hole..it was a really lame joke. try to forgive me for it.) I had strings of lights hanging from my ceiling, and had different quotes on my walls. I had a shelf with DVD's and CD's, and another shelf with books. And another shelf with more books. I really like to read, okay? The floors were dark hard wood, but I had a fuzzy white throw rug in the middle of the room. Theres a full size poster bed in one corner, with a flowy canopy over it, that always made me feel safer when I slept, dont ask me why. There was a tv on the wall, and an xbox under it. That was actually pretty pointless, because I only ever used it to watch movies, I was never into gaming. I had tons of pillows on my bed, and a purple comforter. Then I had a wall with tons of pictures on it. Pictures of me and my friends. Some of me with old boyfriends that I forgot to take down. When I saw one picture, I gasped. It was My parents, Ryan, Mason and I on my eightteenth birthday, just a month ago. I hung up the picture the day before the accident. This was all it took me to start sobbing like a baby. My knees collapsed and I fell to the floor, curled up in a fetal position, and wished I could die. That was the first picture I had seen of them since the funeral, and it was too much for me to take. I forgot that Liam and Niall were in the room, until Liam came over and picked me up in his arms, still curled up like a baby, and he set me on the bed.

Liam had never seen me like this. He was always so focused on Mason, that he forgot I was upset too. Niall was the only one I cried to. Niall was the only one who knew just how broken I was. Liam sat next to me and stroked my hair, murmering things like "It will be okay," and "I'm here for you, don't worry." But it wasnt doing any good. I knew he was trying to comfort me, but it just wasnt working. Then Niall laid down on the bed facing me. He put his hand on my back and rubbed it in a circle. He got so close to my face that his nose was pressed against mine. I slowed down my crying. Just him being there was enough to make me feel a little better.

"It's okay, hon, it's okay. You can cry, I know, I know." he kept saying. I sat up, and he followed my lead. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek and I felt so much better. Liam sat down next to me and put his hand on my knee.

"Dyl, I had no idea you were so upset..I'm sorry I never even bothered to ask. I was so focused on Mason, since she's younger and more vaulnerable, you always just seemed stronger, I figured..nevermind, I have no excuse." He said, not really knowing the right thing to say.

"It's really okay, Li. I know why you paid more attention to Mason, and I'm glad you did. We're the only family she has now and I'd rather people looked out for her than me, since she's my little sister and everything. And you're my family, too, now, so I can forgive any mistake you make. And really, don't worry about it. Niall's been helping me alot. " I said. When I said the last part, I looked up at Niall and smiled. Then I gave Liam a hug. He was some of the last family I had, so I had to hold on to him.

"You know I'm more than happy to help you two girls. When my mum and dad said you'd be moving in with me, I had no idea what to expect. But never did I expect two girls as great as you and Mason. Oh, and what you just said reminded me." He looked directly at Niall for this last part. "When are you going to ask this poor girl out on a date already?"