The Challenge

AFTER THE MEETING

TIDE POV

After Ryder challenged me, my troops and I decided to build my cabin. We walk around chatting quietly among ourselves and we find a perfect spot close to the strawberry fields. With a flick of my wrist, a small looking, black cabin with little stars appeared. I walk into the cabin and casually walk up the stairs. Oh yea, I forgot to tell you, our cabin is like the tardis. Tiny on the outside, huge on the inside. We have the basement, which is like the training area, of course having a section cut off for me. The main floor is like our main living area, it has a kitchen, a dining room and a living room which has EVERY kind of gaming consul and video game you could think of, and every movie. Don't even get me started about 'The Sea of Monsters'. Directors piss me off. Anyway, the third and final floor is the floor of our rooms. Of course, Forge and Beauty get a room together, everyone else's room is separate. I have the same door as normal, blue with an Omega sign. My room is huge, and I have my own personal bathroom. The walls are black with stars on it, everything else is blue though. Thinking of the color blue I thought of something else.... 'Father, do you know if Sally Jackson is still alive?' I instantly got a reply, 'yes she is son, why do you ask?' 'Instead of going to the bonfire tonight, can I visit her and tell her my true identity?' 'Of course, son." Chaos says, 'thank you, father.' I got no response after that. Just as I am about to close my eyes, the conch sounded for lunch. I greeted my troops outside of the cabin and we walked to the dining pavilion. Before we get there, Beauty pulls me aside. "Hey Tide, Forge and I want to revel our identities, but can it wait until the bonfire? I chuckle softly "of course, Beauty. I don't know why you're asking me, it's your decision." I say, Beauty weeks with excitement and ran to Forge to tell him the news. When we got to the pavilion, I noticed how they rudely didn't have a Chaos table. So I snapped my fingers and instantly a pitch black table formed at the end of the pavilion. The seven of us sat down while the nymphs brought us our meals. The campers stared at us, probably wondering why we didn't burn our food, foolish demigods. "If you're wondering why we didn't sacrifice our meal to the gods, as you put it, Chaos doesn't like the smell of burning food. Also, why would we sacrifice nutrition to beings who are less than we are?" Death Breath said in a 'matter of fact' tone. I almost got blue coke but it was too risky. I wasn't very hungry so I pushed my plate aside and told Death Breath about seeing my mom again. "I don't think it's completely safe for you to do that, but if you insist, I'll keep everyone in line." He said almost tired sounding. "Thanks Death Breath." I got up and walked over to Chiron, when he saw me coming, he bowed. "Please don't bow, I was simply going to ask if two of the people in my army could introduce their selves at the bonfire tonight?" The old Centaur's eyes almost looked happy again, "of course they can! If you don't mind me asking, why are you asking me? You're the commander and the one in charge." I sigh, why do I always have to be in charge? "Chiron, you were my teacher long ago, so it is only instinct that a student listen to a teacher no matter if they are no longer being taught by that individual." Chiron looked at me with sad eyes, ooh this is breaking my heart, I really have the urge to take off my hood, right then and there, but I stay still. "You remind me a lot of an old student of mine. You met him in fact, his name is Percy Jackson. I miss that man so much. His age was merely one of a boy's but his loyalty and bravery were one of a man. That boy got through Tartarus, defeated Kronos and Gaia, and the Minotaur when he was only twelve. I just can't believe the boy is gone. Only two of his true friends are still looking for him, Thalia Grace and Grover Underwood. Everyone else gave up." He said sadly, "are you positive you haven't seen him or heard of him since that one mission?" He hopefully asks, "no sir, I haven't. He did say that if we were ever called on mission where we saw Cam Half Blood, to tell everyone that they were forgiven except for Annabeth and Ryder." With that, I walk to my favorite spot on the beach and sit on the gol-... dead looking sand. The water wasn't its normal happy shade of blue either... Ooh when I find out who did this they'll be sorry... My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone surfacing. I look up to see Poseidon, looking 50. Hair grey and his once happy, love filled sea-green eyes were now a pale, depressed blue. He looked at me with a little bit of confusion, "who are you?" I almost come clean.. Key word:almost. "I an Tide, commander of Chaos's army." Poseidon sighed and his shoulders slumped and he sat down next to me on the sand. ""I sense that something is bothering you, sea god. Care to tell me what it is?" Again he sighed, "around 15 years ago, my favorite son, Percy Jackson was summoned to Olympus. The gods were going to kill him for being too powerful, and they thought he was a spy for Gaia. At the time, a new son of mine, Ryder came along and everyone thought he was great. I thought it was cool that another son of mine was getting attention. Then Percy did stuff so horrible, that even a Hermes kid wouldn't do. Then a daughter of Athena cheated on him with Ryder and he was going to leave camp. Anyway we summoned him to Olympus and only four gods voted against killing him... I wasn't one of them.. Then the boy jumped off Olympus and has never been found since. I have so many regrets." My heart aches for the sea god, I resist the urge to show him who I was, right then and there. "I thought I felt his presence here for a brief moment, but I guess I was wrong." He said sadly. We sit there on the beach talking for a while, just like father and son would, until I hear Death Breath in my head, 'hey Tide, the duel is starting soon.' 'Thanks Death Breath.' With that he didn't respond. I got up and dusted myself off. "Sorry to end our little chat, but a certain son of yours challenged me to a duel. Do I have your permission to kick his ass?" Poseidon's eyes almost looked happy again until I said son... "Go ahead. I don't consider him my son anymore." We walked to the arena in silence.

THE LEGIT DUEL

STILL TIDE'S POV

When we got to the arena, we found an Aphrodite camper and Ryder snogging each other hungrily. I cleared my throat and Ryder's face got as red as a tomato. He quickly composed himself. "Oh look who finally decided to come! I thought you were gonna be a no show." You could tell he was scared though. He strutted away and put on the dorkiest armor EVER. "Where's your armor? You're going to need it!" He declares, "I never use armor.. Even if I do, I wouldn't use it for a lowly peasant as yourself." All of my assassins are laughing, and everyone looks shocked that we showed any emotion.. What are we, robots? just then even more campers streamed in, along with the gods, Chiron and Rachel. There were even a few Pegasi watching. Chiron walked up to the pair of us, I bowed my head in respect. "Rules: No killing, just maiming. The first match, you are allowed to use your powers. Second match they are forbidden. Are you both read- Tide? Where's your armor?" I groan loudly "we've already been through this, I don't need armor!" He looked unsure for some reason. "Ready? Let the match begin!" Instantly, Ryder shout me with a huge wave of water at me. I let the wave hit me, but I didn't get wet. To manipulate them, I formed a sword out of shadow and one of lightning. I used my fire and ice powers to make a shield that would immediately follow me wherever I go. I use a little earth quake to knock him down. As Ryder strangled to get up, vibes surrounded him, bounding him to the earth like the animal he is. I slowly walk up to him and put my shadow sword up to his neck. "One down, one to go," I say as I walk away calmly and force the vines away from him. When he got up, his face was red and everyone's faces were either shocked or scared. I inhaled through my nose- yup, some one pooped theirselves. I mentally laugh. Chiron trotted over to us "one out of two matches have been won by Tide, commander of Chaos's best. There will be one more duel in which you can only use weapons of your choice." I pull out double swords. I would use Riptide but things are too risky. "Ready? START!" Ryder had a bronze and silver sword out and he charged towards me and I easily side stepped him and slashed at his hip, managing to chop the skin off. He looked ready to scream, but he doesn't scream. He uses this moment of distraction to try to roundhouse kick me, anticipating his move, I grabbed him and threw him to the other side of the arena, his blade cut into my shoulder, I shrugged it off. He hit the wall and landed on the floor unconscious. All eyes were widened at me. "What? Move along there's nothing to see here!" I said simply as I walked out of the arena to the stables. When I neared it, a black Pegasus came out looking happy, then it got sad again. 'Maybe the humans are right when they say he's not dead.' I hear a familiar voice in my head. Blackjack!! 'Hey Blackjack!' I talk to him in my head so no one suspects anything. 'How are you talking to me? Only kids of Poseidon can do that....Boss? Is th-that you?' He looked happy, hopeful, and scared...? 'Did you miss me?' 'OHMYGODS IT IS YOU! EVERYONE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD BOSS BUT I DIDNT, I KNEW THAT YOU WERE NEVER DEAD BOSS! Yo when are we getting doughnuts boss? They NEVER feed me any!!!' I laughed out loud at that. 'We will on the way there, that's a promise.' 'Where are we going, Boss?' He looked overly happy. 'My mom's. And Blackjack what have I told you about calling me Boss? My name's Tide now.' 'Sure thing, Boss!' With that, I got on the Pegasus and we took off into the sky, ignoring the pain in my shoulder.

A/n:Hey guy- woah where did all the reads come from?! Yup guys a new update! I haven't been able to update for a while due to writing block and family issues. But I'm back now!! The story will be in other people's POV but for now it will be mostly Tide's.

And now for a little bit of funn:

Percy: Who are you? Why are you making me so sad?

Me: Because I want to! And this is my story!

Annabeth: We don't belong to you psycho so beat it!

Me: Shut up Annabeth, I will make you suffer.

Annabeth: fine! We don't belong to her, we belong to Rick Rioradan...

Percy:....Can Leo and I do it next chapter?

Me: Why?

Percy: I MISS LEO. I MISS MY SASSY FRIEND!

Leo:....Did somebody call bad boy supreme?

Me:oh gods....