Part 9 - Back to Normal

I opened my eyes, looking around to see everyone awake. We're in Markiplier HQ with everyone here. Even Amy, Felix, and Kathryn have awoken. Mark gave me a look. It didn't take long for me to understand what he wanted.

He didn't want me to say anything about Dark and Angel's encounter. Amy looked around in confusion.

"What happened?" Amy asked with a hoarse voice. It almost seemed as if a week had passed in compare to the two days in WKM.

"We were put into Who Killed Markiplier somehow." Tyler said with a slight accent. I furrowed my eyebrows. I looked to Ethan who refused to look at me, making my heart wrench. Sean busted out laughing at us. I sent him a hard glare.

"What's so funny?" Mark asked.

"Tyler still has his accent." Sean lied. Ethan seemed to sigh in relief. The words I said towards the departure rang in my ears, keeping me on alert. Could I really be evil enough to scare dark?

"It was weird. There were things that we didn't know that we learned. Jack, Tyler, and I died yet..... somehow, here we are."

"Death doesn't mean the same thing there." Mark and I said in reunion. My voice had a small rasp to it. Mark, havening never talked in Dark's voice, had a bit of Wilford in it. We locked eyes for a moment. But, only a moment. I reached into my pocket where my phone was, finding a slip of paper as well. I ignored it and checked the time.

"Guys....." I trailed off. Everyone looked at me, waiting. "We've been out for two weeks."

"What?" They all gasped. People checked their phones and the time on a clock. It was the same time as we left, fourteen days later.

"Well, life needs a bit of madness." Mark said with a dry laugh. Once again, we locked eyes. We both clearly remember what went down at the end of all this. I pulled out the paper suspiciously, looking it over.

"Life needs to be lived. Life needs a choice. Life needs some madness. Life needs to be taken. For them, that is. However, Ashley, for us.... Life isn't for just the living. Yes, life has a choice. Yes, our lives are crazy. But..... life is ours to take." -Angel

I just stared at the note then slipped it back in my pocket. I'll say something later once we've all calmed a bit more.

"I need something to eat." Kathryn said softly. At the mention of food, my stomach churned. Vivid memories of what I was about to do to Ethan flashed through my brain. The whole reason behind my fainting. I tried to keep my rapidly rising breaths under control, failing nonetheless. I didn't understand it. That was her who needed to kill in order to live, not me. I'm not a killer.

"Ash?" Ethan whispered, placing a hand on my shoulder. My eyes darted to him, taking quick notice of the amount of people in here. It's just Ethan and I. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"She killed someone. I killed someone." I panted. "Poker night. She took someone to a different room and killed them." I started fanning myself. Ethan pulled me into a hug. I froze as my nose was inches away from his neck. The echo of a heartbeat ran through my ears. Ethan, possibly believing that I'm calm, released me much to my sudden dismay. "And the worst part....." I trailed off. I put a hand on my throat, gently rubbing it. "I feel like I could do it again. In a heartbeat."

"I won't let you." Ethan put a hand on my back. "I know more that I did before. And I think I know what you need."

"Ethan-"

"No, it's fine, Ash. They were prepared to do it. If Angel was strong enough to do it, then you can to." Ethan gave me a small smile. I gulped.

"Okay. Just..... don't hug me like you just did. Put my head to your chest or something that isn't your neck." Ethan chuckled. "Can we talk about..... them?"

"Why?"

"Because I want to do it again." I willingly inched closer to Ethan who didn't back away. In fact, he leaned forward too. Someone cleared their throat. We both jumped back in surprise. I turned to see Sean grinning at us.

"What? Did their feeling cross over to you too. Should I start calling you Mr. and Mrs. Ethan Mark Nestor Darling?" Sean asked in a teasing tone. Ethan blushed beetred. Me, however, didn't blush. I don't think I can anymore. "Go on, continue."

"Can you not?" Ethan muttered. He wouldn't look at Sean or I. Sean leaned against the wall with a smirk.

"It's funny. Ethan and Ash-" I sped to him at lightning speeds, covering his Irish mouth.

"Shut it." I growled.

"Ashley, calm down." Ethan said, getting up. He put his hands on my shoulders and dragged me back to the couch. I didn't protest, sitting down like a normal person.

"Oh God, Sean, I-"

"It's fine, Ashley. We all clearly have some of them left in us. I mean, you've heard Tyler right?" Sean asked with a smile, cutting me off. I smiled in return. "Even the both of you. Though, not to push any buttons, you two look good together. I ship it." Ethan's face darkened. I just smiled as Sean walked off.

"You good?" I asked Ethan. He shyly nodded. "Come on, let's get you something to eat." I stood up, dragging Ethan into the kitchen.

"What's gotten him all red?" Mark asked. I just glared at Mark, daring him to go any further.

"Watch it, guys, she's still got a temper." Sean warned seriously. That goes for you, Felix."

"Hungry, Ash?" Amy asked. I shook my head. The smell of the food made me want to vomit everywhere. I took a seat next to Ethan at the large ass dining area.

"Hey, Ashley, can we talk for a minute?" Mark asked. I nodded, getting up again. I followed Mark into his recording room where it's pretty much soundproof. "This is insane, isn't it?" I didn't reply. I just pulled out the paper and showed it to him.

"It was in my pocket." I commented. "And, I am, in fact, feeling something for Ethan. I guess, I didn't know I was starving, for blood or a kiss, until I got a taste of it."

That's part nine! I smell a real romance brewing.

Peace.
Love.
Out.