'Training'

Previously:
"Very well, take out your sword, blunt it with your magic, we will see how good you are," Oromis said.

"Blunt it?" I said, confused for the first time in a while. "What do you mean? Why do you want me to blunt it?"

"How did you train?" Oromis asked, surprised yet again. "With training swords? How did you get used to the weight of a real sword?"

"I trained with a real sword," I told him, smiling like a mad man. "Unblunted."

After my fight with Oromis (which I totally won) I got into a routine. My days would start with sword fighting with the other elves and some holding back on my part on the first day. After the first day, however, they underestimated me, making fun of me Ancient Greek behind my back. That didn't last very long.

The third time my sword flew out of my hand within a half hour, Vanir turned to one of his friends watching, thinking I couldn't understand Ancient Greek-or the Ancient Language- very well.

"He's almost as bad as Eragon was when he started," he laughed.

"He's hopeless," his friend said. "He wouldn't be able to protect himself much less his dragon and family."

That comment froze me. Blackjack and I shared a thunderous look and my black dragon roared, startling the elves in the nearest vicinity.

"You think I cannot fight," I switched to their tongue in a dangerously low voice as Blackjack growled. "You think I cannot protect those close to me. Well, let's see, shall we?"

With those words, the elves paled and I swung Riptide at Vanir and his friend. They managed to block but were almost too slow to dodge my side sweep from my knife. I wasn't angry, just tired of them underestimating and downgrading me.

"I dare you," I started again, easily keeping both at bay when they attacked me at the same time. "To tell me that I have no business here like I'm sure you told Eragon. I dare you to tell me-" I grunted as a third elf joined in-probably seeking to help his friends-and almost got my legs "-I am unable to protect my family, something I've been doing for centuries."

I was taking on four elves by now, in no danger of losing. A few more and I might actually get a challenge. They thought I was attacking in anger and were calling out for me to stop but I ignored them. They needed to know, I was tired of hiding. I saw them trying to use magic but I muttered counter spells before they could take effect.

"Argetlam!" Vanir cried, "Stop!" He was faltering now, I was going too fast for him to keep up. I hit him hard enough with the flat of my blade to leave bruises.

"PERCY!" Came a voice I should not have expected until later, yet I did. When I attacked Vanir, I saw an elf leave to-I assumed-get Oromis. "STOP THIS INSTANT!"

I moved my blade last second to do one more fast move, then stopped, freezing where I was in that moment. With Riptide inches from Vanir's neck, I whispered cold, "Dead."

Vanir and the other four elves (as I ended up fighting five) stood panting and sweating, looking as if they were about to drop. I, on the other hand, was fine, as still as a statue, looking coldly into Vanir's eyes to see if he got the message.