Chapter 7

(Chapter 7)

Everything in sight was overgrown and snapping and grabbing at their feet. Long plants with spine like stems and ones with large fly catching heads, only these were big enough to catch a flamingo. They both thought that they could hear whispers but neither one was speaking. Every mile they went in seemed to get darker, like the light was fading when they got deeper and deeper. The map showed that this would go on for a long time, so long that they might have to camp there that night. Ava warned Eric, "If we do camp the night in here, we will have to find an enclosed area, because if you look on the ground, there are wolf paw prints." He realized that she was right; they were coming to the end of the enchanted forest. They had travelled a long way and only stopped a few times. The night was closing in on them and they could not find any type of shelter that was not infested with plants. Ava said to Eric, "Since I am a tiger, I think I should keep watch over night." "Then, I'll stay up with you to keep you company." Eric kindly said. He lit a fire and she went to scavenge for food. Ava had to go all the way back to the enchanted forest to get another descent meal. She again returned with another rabbit for him to cook for the both of them. When she returned to the camp Eric asked if there were any wolves about. Ava replied with a simple no. After they had devoured a much needed meal, Eric said he had something to confess. "I am not an ordinary man, I am a prince." She looked at him with surprise; she knew he was a wealthy man, but certainly not a prince. "The thing is, I am not supposed to leave the castle, but I had to escape. I was not ready to become king. Also, I am not supposed to fall in love with a commoner, and I have, you." Even though she was a tiger, she was looking at him with the most complete happiness. She said, "That's strange, because I love you too." He said something that made Ava scream with joy, "In that case them, will you marry me and become my princess?" She took his hand and said "Yes". Ava moved closer to him and put her head on his legs, for him to scratch behind her ears. When he had fallen asleep, she sat proudly beside him, on guard.