Chapter 4

(Chapter 4)

Ava awoke the next morning, finding herself still at the edge of the mystical cave. When she realized where she was, she rushed to her feet, looking for the torch she had made hours before. When she found it, she threw it outside of the cave, when she did; she found out that the force field that she had wished for was gone. Ava turned around hastily, and ran for the pool. She took her water flask from her belt, and filled it up to the top, thinking that it might come in handy. Just as she put the flask away, she heard a voice. A mans. She quickly hid in a corner, taking her bow and an arrow in her hand. When the intruder got close enough, she jumped out and aimed for his heart. He did not look like an average man. He was wearing the finest of leather. He had a sword and a bag of supplies around his shoulder. He had dark hair and warm hazel eyes. He was quite muscular as well. He had his hands up in surrender. However when she lowered her aim he lowered his hands. Ava asked, "Who are you, what are you doing in my cave?" he replied in the most innocent of tones, "I saw wolves and I panicked. I saw the cave and I thought I'd hide." Realising he had done the same as her; she put the arrow and bow away. She showed him the pool, showed him the warning on the wall, and said that it worked. But that she had only used it once. He too had a flask, though his was not handmade. He filled his flask up too, but he took a sip from the water. He asked what she had wished for, and she told him. She asked for his name, he replied with Eric. Eric asked for her name in return. Ava gave her name to him. Then he wished, he wished for another sword. When one appeared, he said, "Take it Ava, as a gift for sparing my life." So she bent down and took it, adjusted it to her belt, and said thank you. She got thirsty again and so she took another sip. Eric was watching her every move. "Why are you staring at me every time I do something?" he looked away and then gave a deep sigh. "I am studying you because I have never seen someone so relaxed or looks as wild as you do." She was not sure whether or not to take it as a compliment or as an offence. "I was abandoned when I was 13; I have lived out here ever since." Ava took another gulp of the magic water in her flask. When she did she felt strange, and then, out of the blue, beautiful golden smoke surrounded her feet and slowly climbed up her body. "Eric, do not take another sip of the water!" When the smoke had cleared, she thought she had shrunk in height. Ava looked up, and saw that Eric was stood higher than her pointing his sword at her head. "What happened to me?" she thought. "How can I hear you when you are not even human anymore?" Eric asked. Ava walked up to the pool, and saw what she had become. Ava was no longer a human, she was a Bengal Tiger. She opened her mouth to speak, but only a mighty roar came out. "I think I know how we are communicating. I think I am using my mind." It was true. Everything she said in her mind, he heard.