Enchanted Love

(Chapter 1)

Gazing in to the distance, Ava looked for her next bit of prey. Ava lived in the Enchanted Forest. She lived alone. Ava was a tall girl, soft dark hair with mesmerizing blue eyes. She was a huntress. She'd hide in the trees and wait patiently for her next meal. She liked to think of herself as a predator.

However, on this particular day, she'd climbed an enormous tree, with her arrows in a belt around her waist and a bow over her shoulder; she listened into the ever shifting silence. The Enchanted forest was a magical place. It could be an amazing sight, or a dreadful one. By day time, it is heaven on earth. Beautiful creatures appear, and plants un-curl in the warm, golden sun. The flowers open like they are peeking at you. All different colours, including colours you wouldn't usually see, some of the creatures that live there are spectacular sights, Unicorns, with their white bodies, silver mains and a long pointed horn, which, if you ever prove worthy, the majestic creature will grant you one wish. Centaurs rule this land by day, but not by night. They roam round the outskirts of their territories, looking for signs of evil or just protecting their clan homes. Squirrels run and play in the highest branches of the tallest trees. It's almost impossible to see them. Rabbits forage on the floor. Deer and wild horses graze in the meadows and patches of clearing. The beautiful trees let little beams of light into this paradise. Sometimes they even look like they have faces. They sway gently and if you listen closely, you can hear a leafing rhythm being played through the age old branches. Butterfly's and insects sing in the gentle breeze. To see the beating of their wings and the way the insects jump on the ground and plants is a wonderful sight.

But be warned, this place can be deceiving. Everything you see by day changes by night. As soon as the sun goes down, the animals scurry back to their dens or burrows in the ground, waiting for the sun to come back up. When the moon comes up you do not want to be out in the open, because a terrifying creature roams this land, Wolves, huge black bodies, claws as long as knives and teeth that could crush you in a second. They are ten times as large as normal ones. With red eyes that can stare through your soul. When you hear their howl you know you will not make it through the night. The flowers that open and welcome the sunlight appear to shrivel and fade with the light of day. Centaurs hide and hope to survive. No one guards the village. Sometimes the squirrels look down on the ground and warn when a wolf is near. The trees stop swaying and they only let in the darkness and the silver moon. The butterfly and the insects stop singing and everything is silent. The plants curl back up. The leaves in the trees stop rustling. Nothing is safe and nothing is forgiving. Everything would be still, except for twigs snapping, or birds flying over head. They sound like they are warning you when they squawk croakily. Every night something will squeal in excruciating pain, when that happens, mist closes in around the ground. Making it impossible to see what you are treading on.

.