Chapter 3

(Chapter 3)

It was a strange sight to see. It was an arch shape which looked like it had been carved by cavemen, hundreds of years ago. It was ridged and you could not see inside. She thought should I, or shouldn't I? But there was no time to think. The wolves had found and killed the stallion; however upon it they had caught her sent and were howling and racing to get to her. She dived inside. It was a dark, cold place. She trembled as she walked on with fear. Ava had to feel her way, until she saw a damp, moving pattern on the walls. She thought it had to be water. Her best chance was moving towards it. Taking no chances, she took an arrow from her belt and her bow from her shoulder. What lay in front of her was a stunning pool. The water was as clear as someone's soul. She put her arrow back in her belt and her bow over her shoulder. As she did this, she was walking around the pools edge. Not wanting to get too close. On the back wall, behind the pool, lay a warning. Or something that looked like a warning. She turned her back on the pool and began to read the writing on the rugged wall. "If you drink from this pool, anything you wish will come true. But bear this message in your mind; if you drink too much, something awful will happen to you." She turned around and knelt before the pool. Her arm out-stretched, she cupped her hands, and drank from the water in her hands. It tasted different. She was not sure what it tasted like though. She got back up, found a stick, and tearing a strip of material from the hem of her shirt, Ava wrapped the rag around one end of the stick to make a type of torch. Ava lit it using two pieces of flint to make a spark and went to the edge of the cave. It was sunset. That meant she was in danger of the wolves finding her. Especially now she was in an open cave. Since she had drunk some of the magic water, she thought she'd test the warning. So she wished the cave would be sealed off for the night. She wished it, and it came true. She could see everything outside, but everything outside, could not see her.