Chapter 2

Haya's POV

So the jerk was Khawar Bhai's best friend.

"Hi, it's so nice to finally meet you. Khawar talks about you all the time." Api Faria said with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you too." The jerk I mean Mr Arman Malik replied.

"And this is my cousin, Haya Murtaza." Api Faria gestured toward me.

Arman smiled "Lovely to meet you."

I nodded my head and looked away. Now that I was in my senses I agreed with myself that I should have pulled back, maybe it was my mistake but more than that it was his.

Arman and Khawar Bhai left after a minute and it was just me and Faria Api.

"What was that?" She asked.

"What was what?" I asked in return.

"What's up with you and Arman?"

"What do you mean?"

"He was looking at you and you were looking everywhere except at him."
"Why would I look at him?" I ignored the first part.

She shook her head "I just sensed some tension."

I hoped she wouldn't but you are a hopless case. My inner self was disappointed.

What did I do now? I asked

You could've been nicer and nobody was going to notice anything. She retorted.

You were the one that told me I should have pulled away. If I were nicer he would've misunderstood. He would have thought that I was on board with what he did and would do it again. I tried to reason.

You can always punch him if he tries to do it again. She suggested.

Good idea. I agreed with her.

3 days later

"Thank God everything went as planned." Zubaida Aunty was having tea with Ammi at our house.

"Yes but I'm still very tired." Zubaida Aunty replied.

"It took alot of time to prepare for the wedding and you had to work the hardest ofcourse you would be tired." Ammi said after taking a sip.

"Qudsia I wanted to thank you. You helped me a lot, I don't know what I would have done without you." Zubaida Aunty patted Ammi's lap.
Me and Dua were sitting nearby on the carpet. Zainab Api was preparing dinner, she also sat near Zubaida Aunty and Ammi.

"Now I want Ahmed to get married soon I get so lonely without Faria that is why I am here most of the time. With Zainab atleast I won't be alone." Aunty said while looking at Zainab Api.

"You can come here anytime you want it's your own house and ofcourse you can take Zainab whenever you want we have already started the preparations." Ammi also smiled at Zainab Api who was blushing.

Me and Dua also smiled.

There was silence for a a minute.
"Aunty did Faria Api call?" I asked.

"Not today I was..." her phone rang at the same time cutting her off.

I looked at the caller id and smiled "Speak of the devil." I handed Zubaida Aunty her phone and told her it was Api Faria.

She took the phone and greeted her they talked for a while and then all of a sudden her smile dropped. "Are you serious Faria? Have you lost your mind?" We all looked at her. Aunty Zubaida listened to what Api Faria was saying and looked at Ammi. "Fine I will ask her... I told you I will ask her... okay bye take care."