Chapter 1

Haya's POV
I cursed as I tripped again. Damn my genes for making me so clumsy. I frowned as I straightened my lehnga. Today is my dearest cousin Api Faria's Nikah and look at me I'm still not ready.

I am not usually late. I am a responsible 16 years old girl. Yes responsible. Well, mostly. A 16 years old girl who likes to study, well not study but I am a good student.

Even though Api Faria is 6 years older than me we are pretty close, she is Baba's brother's daughter who happen to live next door, so we all are very close to each other. By we I mean Api Faria and my two sisters. Api Zainab who happens to be my elder sister and Dua who is a couple years my junior. I was late because first, I woke up around noon, then as I said we are pretty close to each other, that means we had to prepare for the wedding together, so a lot of work had to be done, a great deal of guests were also staying over so after one thing, another came and so I had no time left for myself.

Then after all the work, I was exhausted so despite the fact that I woke up late, I took a little nap, then took a bath, changed into the clothes, I had bought for the wedding, put on a little makeup and now here I was. Going to see Api Faria, my other two sisters were already there and we were about to leave for the Wedding Banquet. And every one was getting late because of me. At least that is what they told me.

So I got up brushed my teeth took a bath wore a red lehnga with black embroidery and a black shirt with black pumps and red hijab with black net on it and after a little makeup went to my Uncle's house which was right next to our house. The bride was also still getting ready but no one blames the bride.

As I entered her room, I saw Api Faria sitting comfortably in a comfortable chair as the makeup artist was adding the last touches to her work. Api Faria was looking gorgeous. There was a smile permanently plastered to her face since the start of the week. She was very happy and we were all very happy for her.

"All done Ma'am, you look lovely." The beautician complimented her as she started packing her stuff. Api Faria thanked her and checked herself in the mirror. Her eyes landed on me.

"So you are finally here?" She asked while trying to frown. I smiled at her.

"Congratulations again on your wedding, I will leave now." The beautician said and with one last look at her work she left.

"You are looking good." The compliment was for me.

"Not as good as you are." I sat down. "I bet Khawar Bhai will be dreaming of you for days and days."

"He would not need to, I will be right beside him." She took in a deep breath. "Oh My God I am getting married." She squealed.

I laughed. "Now you realized it?"

"She has been realizing that every five minutes but the surprise is never lessened." Dua came into the room.

"You will know my feelings when you get married."

"Which will not happen till another century." I imitated her voice.

"Yeah right." She laughed. "But please do not forget that fate works in strange ways.

At the same time there was a knock on the door.

"Hey Fari are you ready?" Ahmed Bhai who was Faria Api's older brother asked.

"Aslam-u-Alaikum Bhai." I greeted him.