Ch. 17 His Birthday

Getting ready for a party banquet, Shelby and some other maids tidied her up. With Shelby not listening to her about being a maid, Tierra finally let it go, and let her do as she wished. 

"Ow!" Tierra yelped. The maids were pulling the strings on the back of her dress, to tighten it, while Shelby fixed up her hair. Tierra made Shelby her main maid, so she can quickly report back to her on her spy duties, so wherever Tierra goes, Shelby would follow.

"And your all good to go!" Shelby sighed in satisfaction.

After Tierra brought Shelby back to her residence, she got a scolding from her father for bringing a stranger, and for leaving. But with Tierra's puppy dog eyes, Kevin of course allowed Shelby to stay. But that was seven months ago, and today was Prince Xanders 12th birthday banquet, where of course Tierra and her family were invited.

"Thanks, we better hurry now, or we might be late," Tierra said, as she fled out the room. Her blue floral dress fluttered as she lightly ran, clicks and clacks were heard from her two inch high heels. All the brown in her hair dissipated, as it faded out into a bright red, while it flew behind her in a neat and tidy ponytail. She ran outside to their estates gates, where she saw the rest of her family all dressed up.

After she gave each of her family members a kiss on their cheeks, they split into two carriages. With Levi, Gean, Shelby, and her in one, while the other consisted of her parents.

Tierra flipped the flap open of the window, and pirched her head in one of her hands as she stared outside. "There is top quality food there right?" She muttered, "cause I don't want to goto this banquet for nothing. Although all the food here is kinda bland without sugar and seasoning, when are they even going to discover that?" Levi and Gean just looked at her before sighing. This is their sister alright, always talks mumbo jumbo too. 

The whole ride to the palace, would take about an hour by horse carriage.

After a whole seven months had gone by, Tierra found out she actually doesn't have all elements of magic. She guessed that maybe since she tried air magic first, it became her principal element. But keeping it a secret was hard for her since she had Shelby with her almost 24/7 unless she made an excuse and sent her out on a mission. But so far, so good. Levi had ranked up into a level E, while somehow Xander got up to rank F. For Tierra? Well she's still only a rank D, with the help of her knowledge of English, it was easy for her, she just didn't have much time to practice in private.

Suddenly trumpets resounded, as the gates opened to the palace for their carriages to enter. Once they neatly and respectfully got out of their carriages, they walked inside the banquet hall, where the party was being held. A servant that was on the side, announced their arrival patiently.

"Official Kevin Ferric, accompanied by his wife, Jasmine Ferric, and his three children, Levi, Tierra, and Gean Ferric." The servant announced loudly. Tierra zoned out at the display of food that sat on long tables, maybe as long as her room! Although they didn't have sugar, salt, pepper, or seasoning, they still made the food work, with a touch of blandness of course, but that won't stop Tierra's big appetite. Levi quickly used his hand to close her jaw before she could start drooling. Others just 'aw'ed at this sight, leading them to think they were close siblings, in which they were. Gean just giggled while holding their mother's hand. But once they stepped through those giant doors, their parents went astray leaving the three kids, and Shelby to do as they liked. 

But of course Tierra forgot about Levi and Gean, and immediately went for the food tables. Levi and Gean just gave her a look before going to look for the birthday Prince, where the immense crowd was. Tierra stacked up her plate, before going to look for a table, while Shelby stuck close behind observing around them.

"Look, she's eating all that by herself? What a pig. She's definatly not going to win this competitions to be the prince's fiance." A girl said, on the next table over.

Shelby was going to stomp over there and give those noble brats a lesson, but Tierra held out her hand in front of her stopping her to do so.

"But they-!"

Tierra gave her a quick glare. Shelby sighed in defeat, and stood still by her side.

Tierra got ticked, but didn't blow up, but her ears perked when she heard the last part of the nobles sentence. Competition, Prince's fiance? What??

Before she knew it, she had downed all the food that was on her plate. She didn't have to participate right? Nah, probably not. Just as she was about to get up, she heard more girls going 'kyaa kya', and felt someone's hand touch the corner of her mouth. She gave the person a glare, before she realized who it was.

"Xander! What are you doing?" Levi nudged the prince, while Xander just chuckled as he wiped the crumbs off of Tierra's lips.

"I'm just helping her clean up, it's not that big of a deal between my fiance and I." The prince chuckled.

Tierra stood up and looked up at him as he was half a head taller than her. "Whose your fiance now?" Tierra rolled her eyes, as she literally saw drama a foot away from her.

"Well, you stopped denying the fact that you'll be my wife three months ago. So I'm just making it official."

Official his butt! She just got fed up with him so she didn't bother wasting her breath!  Since when did it mean she accepted being his fiance!

The nobles around them started to chatter. "What?! I thought he was going to pick whoever has the best talent to be his fiance! Why is it her! That pig!!"

Suddenly a dark aura loomed over everyone, that sent chills onto everyone near.

"Who's a pig?!"

==============

<3 vote, comment, and share!

Until next time...