20

Jisoo’s POV

“Jisoo! Baby! Wake up! Wake up!”

I woke up sweating and panting with tears on my face. I hug Jennie tight immediately.

“J-Jen, please don’t leave me. Please” i whisper to her as i’m sobbing

“I won’t baby. I will never ever leave you” she said and she kissed my forehead

“It hurts a lot. I hate it. Why it has to be my parents? I want my parents back! I want them back! I want Chaeng to wake up from comatose! I want everything to go back from what it was before the accident happened. Of all the people on earth why it has to be the people i love? Oh Jen i miss them so much. I-i want to hug, and talk to them again.”

“everything happens for a reason, baby. Please be strong for them. They won’t like it when you are like this, your parents are in good hands now, and Chaeng she’s a strong woman, she will fight, she will wake up soon”

“tell me what the fuck is that reason. I want to know! Why? i should have died instead!”

It just has been two months when i lost my parents and almost lost my best friend. It was supposed to be a celebration of my birthday but it turned out to the biggest nightmare in my life. I prepared a small celebration in the beach just with my parents, Jennie, Chaeng, Suho and Lisa. Lisa is Jennie’s best friend that so happened to be Chaeng’s close friend too. My parents and Chaeng were on their way to the resort when the fatal car accident happened that caused the death of my parents. Chaeng survived but got a severe wound and impact that got her in coma for two months already. Hearing the news crushed my world. I did not cry at that time not until when i witnessed how they slowly lowered the bodies of my parents into their grave. At that moment all my emotions poured out because i know i am not dreaming anymore, everything is real, i can’t see, talk and touch them ever again. Jennie was there with me. Jennie is the only reason for me to stay alive now.

“Don’t say that Jisoo! Don’t you dare say that again!” she yelled at me.

“I’m sorry baby” i said and sobbed harder

“Just dont say and think like that again please” she said as wipe my tears

“Come here baby, i bought you dinner. Please eat babe, you are losing weight. You need to be strong for them and for the people who are working on your company. I heard it’s not doing well now without you”

I just remain silent. I know i need to get back to the company as soon as possible. I’m trying to go back to work because my employees need me but i can’t function well, i am just staring at the wall, the memories of the accident still haunting me down, the guilt eating me alive because it would have not happened if i just celebrated my birthday at home. And lastly, I’m always scared that what if Jennie will be taken away from me also.

I can’t go back yet.

I just can’t.

---

“Baby, i need to go but i’ll be back later” she said as place the plate on the table beside my bed

“Date? Again?” i asked

“Uh yes but i’ll come back as soon as i can”

“No. Stay.”

“Baby, dad will get mad. Please baby”

“Please stay. i badly need you now, Jennie. For once please choose me over your dad’s commands”

---

She left, she left me alone.

Alone.

The feeling of wanting be with my parents again.

The sadness, longing and grief.  

The struggle to accept that they are gone and that the possibility that i’m gonna lose my best friend also.

It feels like i’m in an endless pit of sadness and loneliness, sometimes i dont feel anything, i feel empty, it’s like there’s no more hope.

I’m exhausted.

I’m tired.

I just want to end this.

🐙💕