Total Eclipse of the Heart Part 2

chapter 2- You belong with me

Leighlani's P.O.V.

The next morning I found myself asleep with my head rested on my guitar.

I was confused at first, but then I remembered that I had written a song last night.Probably the best one I had ever written. I quickly Dressed in a " I <3 Nerds" shirt and a pair of skinny jeans,paired with my green converse. and the usual "13" painted on my hand.. my lucky number. it was saturday. Shane would be coming over any minute now. so I quickly brushed my teeth and combed through my hair doing braided pigtails. then I heard a knock on the door. "Coming!" I yelled. No one was home, my dad worked weekends, my mom went out shopping and my grandma went with her. I opened the door and there was shane.

He looked absolutely Perfect. his slightly curled shaggy dark brown hair hung just on the top of his yellow-hazel eyes. he wore a Dark blue T-shirt that said Skateboarding makes me happy, Dark wash jeans, paired with black Nikes. He smiled and said "Hey Leigh". I smiled and said "hey Shane" . "So what are we going to do today?" he said cooly. "um, I have something I want to show you." I said timidly. "alright then, cool." "i'll be right back". I ran upstairs to my room and grabbed my purple guitar and came back down. he gave me a confused face.

"um this is something i've been hiding from everyone for.. a while."

"Well i'll say" he then laughed. I sat down and I said "I hope you don't mind I wrote a song and I wanted to show it to you..." "you sing too?!" "yeah..". I then proceeded strumming my guitar and began to sing "you belong with me". After I finished he gave me a blank stare. Realizing he hasn't spoken yet he quickly said "that was amazing!, I can't belive you never told me you could sing!". "I-I never thought it was that important", "Well Duh it is!!- but.. who was that song about?"

I quickly squeaked "you". he looked at me and goes "Leigh...". Hot tears roll down my cheeks and he looks at me and says "don't cry.. just tell me why you wrote that song."

I began telling him about his girlfriend and how much of a whore she is.

"a week before you two started going out she said that she would never go out with you-" he looked at me and just nodded. "Shane, I don't want to see you get hurt." was all I simply said.

"Leigh, you should have told me about this sooner." more tears rolled down my cheeks. He looked hurt. "don't cry. that only hurts me too, I hate seeing you cry." "Shane, what am I supposed to do? this is tears that have been built up for weeks!" "Weeks?" I sighed. "yes shane.. weeks.."

I left him there, stunned,Dazed and confused.

I then go the courage to tell him that I like him. He just looked at me for a while. "I.. um.. i'll call you later." with that he walked out the door. I decided to write another song.

Teardrops on my guitar

Shane looks at me

I fake a smile so he won't see

that I want

and i'm needin'

everything that we should be

I know she's beautiful

that girl he talks about

and she's got everything that I have to live without.

after the first verse, it hurt too much to write, he probably didn't feel the same way. he WAS the reason for the teardrops on my guitar. I've had to deal with the pain of watching him with Elle for weeks. that's when I got the call.

I suddenly heard my phone belt out Thriller and I answered it with a sniff from crying "hello?"

"Hey.." "what's up." "I broke up with Elle." "Why'd you do that for?" "after what you told me , I spoke to her and she confirmed that she said those things. so I felt the need to break up with her." . I was shocked, why would he do that? He loved her.

"Why'd you do that.." was all I managed to say. "I found a better person."

"oh." "can I come over?". "sure" i said. and with that he came over.