You incline your head back to him and take his hand when he helps you up.

With one more glance over his shoulder, he jogs from the room.

"And then there were two." Ara breathes, crouching back down to Hux's side, her fingers tracing lines over his cheeks.

You nod, swallowing the lump that had appeared in your throat, taking short and careful steps, you walk to Poe, inspecting the force flowing around him.

"I never had a friend, Ara." You murmur, turning away from Poe to look at her again.

Ara raised one eyebrow. "What do you mean now?" She sighed.

"I never had a friend, so full of light." You reply, running a hand through your hair absentmindedly, carefully picking your words.

Ara's face flickered slightly before returning to her sceptical gaze.

"Whatever you are trying to do, it's not working." She said, her voice steely.

"I miss the girl with the boots." You whisper, suddenly realising it was true. The ache in your heart reminded you of the days when you loved Kylo and couldn't. When Snoke was the puppet master in your life. Snoke was gone, but you wouldn't let Ara go.

"Stop," Ara said, her hand tightening on Hux's jaw.

"I miss the girl who showed me her home," You continue, it was hard to stop now. Although you kept your eyes on her, you could feel tears obscuring your vision, your nose stinging with the tell-tale sign of crying not being far off.

It was small, but you felt it, the slightest weakening in the Force holding up Poe and the others.

Ara was staring down at her hand, her fingers digging into Hux's skin.

"Please, Ara... I know you're still there." You whisper.

Ara looks up, her eyes shut.

For a second you hold your breath, there would be no way you could fight back now, you couldn't hurt her even if you tried.

"Y/N?" She whispers back, opening her eyes slowly to reveal their usual dark colour, swimming in tears. "Oh my Hoth, Y/N..." She brings her hands up to her mouth, her eyes widening in fear.

Without waiting a moment you rush forwards, bringing your arms around her small frame in a tight hug, tears spilling onto Ara's hair as you hold her.

"What did I do?" She gasps, sobs racking her small body.

"Shhh," You console her, gently bringing up your hand and lowering your friends to the ground.

"Ara?" A new voice causes Ara to freeze, gently you pull away from her but she doesn't seem to notice, her focus on Hux.

Wiping your eyes on your sleeve you stumble towards Poe and Tyler who are already starting to stir, Finn not far from them.

"Did we win?" Poe croaks, his eyes half closed but his hand reaching out to Tyler's.

You gently walk past them and crouch next to Finn, whose eyes were glued onto Ara while she gazed into Hux's eyes, his hand gently caressing her cheek.

"Are you okay?" You ask Finn, making him tear his eyes from the pair.

Finn shook his head. With his voice still groggy, he sighed, "No, but I will be."

You pat his shoulder awkwardly, unsure of what to say and stand up, glance around the room again. Watching the scene before it seemed strange that Snoke was gone. Almost impossible, but as hard as you tried, you could no longer feel the Darkness that had radiated from him.

"Y/N?" Kylo's voice caused you to turn to the door, seeing his tall figure outlined there, a small droid rolled anxiously at his feet. Upon seeing Poe it suddenly lit up, with assorted high pitched squeals it pushed past Kylo and accelerated towards him.

Kylo ignored the droid, his eyes fixed intently on you. For a few moments time seemed frozen, both you and Kylo stared at each other in wonder.

With the next breath of yours, the moment was shattered and in a few strides, he was in front of you, his body inches from yours, your toes touching. His eyes were wide and expectant as he quickly brushed his hair from his eyes.

"It's over." You breathe, unsure of what to do with your arms. Even saying it felt unreal. Like it was a dream or a hallucination. But Kylo was here, and it was true. Kylo's eyes softened instantly before you knew what was happening he had swept his strong arms around you, picking you up in a tight embrace.

Unable to stop the laughter from escaping you let it happen, finally feeling the euphoria and release. It was truly done.

"It's over." He whispered back, his voice alight with uncontrolled happiness. He pulled back for a second and tilted his chin down to your face, bringing his lips to meet yours. His smile pressed against yours and nothing but light.

"I love you, Ben." You whisper between kisses. Feeling his smile grow larger under your lips.