Opening the car door, she took a seat. "Hey, Lyra." She smiled.

"You look amazing in that dress. I knew I made the right choice picking that out for you." Lyra grinned, raising an eyebrow at her suggestively. "You should wear dresses more often."

Ace scoffed. "Yeah, right. In your dreams."

Lyra shrugged, starting up the car. "Let's go!"

Leaning back into the car seat, the girl took a glance at her friend. Her best friend. Her savior.

She never failed to remember the events of the day she was saved.

Detective Saddler had explained to her that the police received a few notices from the people in the neighboring houses, reporting that they had heard screaming on Wednesday night, nearly 3 am in the morning. Along with the information that Lyra had provided through her interview and his investigation, they pieced together the information and decided to check out the house.

That was when they found pieces of folded up paper pleading for help littered along the block. The police had then been issued a warrant to barge into the house and hold the people inside for questioning. That was the plan, at least, until they found her cuffed to a bed.

Their suspicions were confirmed and the guys were arrested for 1st-degree murder and abduction.

She had gone back to her house, meeting her aunt and father. After a hearty and relieved reunion, they informed her that they would be leaving in a few days. Her father would move out of state for his new work, while her aunt would move back in with her brother.

She had decided to follow her aunt and stay with her and her uncle, along with his two children. And from there, she made it through her new high school and attended the same college as Lyra.

"Hey, look at that."

Snapping out of her thoughts, Ace glanced out the window to where Lyra was pointing. She grimaced as she saw what seemed to be a large man standing over a smaller guy, who was curled up in pain.

"He's hurting that guy." Lyra said, frowning. "Should we do something? I can pull over."

The girl tensed up, contemplating the idea. "..No."

Lyra stole a glance at her, surprised. "I mean, I don't mind pulling over."

Ace shook her head slightly, biting her cheek and glancing down, not another word to be said.

Her friend frowned at her before nodding in understanding. Ever since her abduction, she had never saw herself as the person she believed herself to be.

It took another five minutes until they arrived at the restaurant. Opening the door, Ace slid out of the car, adjusting the purse that she held onto her shoulder. "Thank you, Lyra."

The black-haired girl nodded, smiling at her. "Your dad's advisor is already inside, right?"

"Yeah." Ace responded. "He told me that the CEO and his associates are already there as well."

"Alright. Text me if you need me to pick you up." Lyra said, nodding at her. "Good luck! I'm sure you'll make a great impression on them!"

"Thanks." The girl smiled gratefully, shutting the car door. She looked up at the fancy building before taking a deep breath and walking in.

"Ace!" Startled, she looked toward the voice. Her eyes landed on her father's advisor as he walked quickly up to her, a bright smile on his face. He gently took her hands. "You look stunning in that dress."

Ace scoffed at him, smiling. "You flatter me, Mr. Jonsann."

He chuckled, guiding her into the restaurant. "Please, call me Richard. I've told you before."

"Alright. If you insist." She nodded, following him into a large room.

"The last time I've seen you was a few months ago. I heard from your father that you've graduated from college! I'm so proud of you!"

She smiled. "Thank you. It's been nice lounging around and relaxing a little after years of stress." She then noticed they were reaching the end of the room, toward a closed door. "A private room?" She questioned.

"Yeah. Don't be nervous. They may seem intimidating with high statuses, but they're actually really nice people." He said reassuringly. "Are you ready?"

She nodded slightly. I sure hope he's telling the truth.

Richard then opened the door, holding it open for her. She walked in, thanking him in the process. Her eyes wandered around the elegant, lavishly decorated room for a moment before landing on the men that were sitting by the rather large table.

She froze, eyes widening in horror.

Raiden, Allian, Kai, Evan, and Ryoma turned their gazes toward her, giving her warm, welcoming smiles.

"I would like to introduce to you Ms. Ace Asai. Erik's daughter." Richard said, closing the door.

No...

It didn't take more than a few seconds for her body to begin trembling, and for her stomach to feel like its been turned inside out. She felt adrenaline begin to pump into her veins, making her feel terribly ill and light headed as she restrained herself from running.

Kai slowly stood up from his seat. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Asai. Have you met my associates?"

END