I am going to Yemen

Start from the beginning

"Harry?" I said his name as he turned around, His black eyes looked at me. He was my first boyfriend.
We kissed twice.
I loved it. I fell for him. I wanted to tell him, I loved him. I was about to say that. But he had other plans.

"Danny, this is not working out for me. May be we should stay friends." He said that and went out of the coffee shop.

He didn't even turn around to see me almost on the verge of crying. I was friendzoned again. By now I accepted the fact that guys always see me as their friend until I met Hunter. But I guess, I was so wrong. I felt a large hand on my hand. A little squeeze.

"Please say something?" Hunter whispered.
He eyes are still crystal like. He is looking straight at me. I could tell that he was in pain too. I am pain too. What do I say?

That I am still feeling the butterflies in my stomach as he is holding my hand? Or that I want to kiss him and tell him how much he means to me? What can I say ?

"Hunter, I" ,*sobs* "I" I signed. Tears finally fall down my cheek. My lips are shaking. My heart is racing like I ran a mile. But I know why I feel like this. I can't take the pain of knowing that he doesn't love me like I do.
What do I do now? One thing which was pretty clear in my head was that I wanted him In my life. No matter what.

Even if it means that I have to forget about my love and be his friend. And that's what I did.

I sucked in my tears which were about to fall. And took a deep breath and muster up the courage to talk without a shaky voice.
I looked up at Hunter. He was looking at me with fear and hope.

He was pleading to me with every passing second. I did something which was not like me at all. I scooted closer to him and hugged him real tight. He was taken by surprise at first but soon he was hugging me back.

"It's okay. We are still friends and we will always be friends." I told him and as soon as I said those words, he signed in relief. "Danny I really don't want to lose you. I-" "Shshs. It's okay. I am not going anywhere."

The irony of the situation, I just got my heart broken and here I am consoling the one who broke it.

............................................

Today is the first match series of the international sports meet. I am trying my very best to stay busy so that Hunter's image do not pop in my head like it has been for the past week.

We haven't talked much since my 'proposal' and his 'rejection'. He has been busy with his practice schedule and even if we see each other, we don't talk much.

I seriously think it was bad decision telling him about my feelings. I could just hypnotise him and ask him if he is interested in me or not and non of this would have happened but no, I had to go with the old way.

Even though I told him that nothing will change and I am sticking to it, he is behaving totally distant with me.
This is more hurtful than my broken heart.
I am with Dave right now, going through the lists of the participating schools.

The old cardboard is back in my hands. The stress is real because a lot more number of schools are participating this year as compared to last year.

Yup, lucky me.

The boxing matches are about to start and I don't want to miss Des's or Brody's match. I looked at my watch  9:55.
5 minutes?

I looked over at Dave and gave him a nod. Both of us ran towards the gym.

We could hear the howling and claps getting louder. As soon as we entered we saw a lake of students with different banners in their hands. I jumped up to see Des in the boxing ring. I can't see the whole match hopping like this?