All Black

"Are you sure about this?" Des asked me. She is white as a ghost.

"Yes. I am. Today or tomorrow, I have to tell him, some way or other. I can't keep this in any longer." I told her making her even more nervous. By now she is bitting her nails and if this goes any longer she will start chewing her hair.

Something she does when she is nervous.

Thankgoodness I was there when our midterm results came or else she would have been bald by now.

I have decided to tell Hunter about my feelings. I know it can be a stupid step but, I have make it very clear in my mind that whatever will be his reaction, it will not effect our friendship.

"When? And how?" She asked me holding both of my hands and squeezing them.
If I wasn't myself on the verge of fainting, her nails being stabbed in my skin would hurt a lot. But right now, I can not feel anything but nervousness in my stomach.

"I don't know. Ask him on a date or something?" I am not sure. I want to scream.

"Yeah, and pay the bill at the end of the date and don't forget to place your jacket on his shoulders." A really nice time to be sarcastic Des.

"You have a better pl-"

"Oh my god, No?" There was Martha standing on the door of my bedroom with a tray of cookies and milk in her hands, her eyes wide open and her hands are shaking.

Why is she so baffled?

"Wha? Wh?What?" She said choking.

She came inside almost tripping on air. Very carefully putting the tray of cooking and milk on my bed and turned around slowly to look at both me and Des, holding hands. Des took her hands away immediately as soon as her eyes landed on Martha's horror stuck face.

What's going on?

Me and Des both looked at each other in the eye and soon realisation hit us both hard.

"No." Both of us screamed together, getting away from each other.

Our hands fell to our sides. Martha looked at both of us, stiffing her laughter, covering her mouth with her arms.

"So you girls having fu- Hahaha" She was laughing holding her stomach. In a minute all three of us were on the floor laughing. I just wish this laughter remains in our lives forever.

...................................................

Remember when I said that I am an awkward anti-social butterfly? And remember when I said, how uneasy it was for me to sit in the middle of the cafeteria on the most centralised table being the topic of attention?

Yeah, I am going to repeat all of that.

I am still an anti-social person, who loves staying home on a Saturday night, reading romantic novels and eating Nutella sandwiches than going to a wild party, talking and dancing with strangers.

I just hate the idea of getting attention of any kind, that is why, now I always put my hand up during history class so Mrs. Davis doesn't call on me.

And last, but not the least, I am still not used to sitting on this table in the very centre of the cafeteria. So even though I am sitting here with my best friends, I am still chilly to my very core and as Hunter is not here, it's getting uncomfortable with every second passing by. He has become my security blanket. I feel safe and comfortable with him.

"You don't do you?" A voice disrupted me from my trauma struck self. I looked up to see Brody staring at me with wide eyes and sitting next to him was Kyle with a smirk on his gorgeous face.