Chapter 3

It had been about a week, we had stopped by many planets to check on colony's but nothing substantial. I stuck around much like a pearl, after all there wasn't much I could do. Most of the time I helped pearl learn star mapping. It wasn't useful anymore but it was fun. You could find your way around from just the stars in the sky you could see. I felt a hand on my shoulder when I was just watching stars one day. I turned around again to see yellow diamond. I jumped a little, I was so used to pearl being there.
"Do you mind if I join you?" She asked, looking away from me. What. what?! WHAT?!
"Of course not," I quickly stuttered the last bit of my words "m-my diamond." What was wrong with me today?
She sat next to me on her knees, keeping her back straight.
"You do know most of the light you're seeing went out long ago."
"We can still see them can't we?" I smiled "we can still see them, and we can still remember them. The aren't dead if you can remember them."
"Have you ever seen someone close to you shatter?" It was a very random question, though I guess it may have been a link to the star thing.
"Of course I have. I was very close to three gems in the war on earth. A sapphire, lapis lazuli and an amethyst."
"How did you get close to them?"  I was very confused for a few seconds but remembered it was very strange for those kind of gems to be friends. We were much like sisters, so it was heart breaking to watch them all go.
"I don't know actually... it was so long ago." I remembered amethyst pushing me out of the way, I still lost my physical form, but I watched her get shattered. I heard about a lapis lazuli lost on earth, I knew it was my lapis when I couldn't find her. I also watched sapphire shatter. I tried pushing it out of my mind.
"Did you have to watch?" I wanted so badly to tell her to stop questioning me but at the same time I felt like i couldn't.
"Sapphire and amethyst, yes." I froze for a few seconds of silence "I apologize my diamond but can we please stop talking about this?"
"Of course (yn)" why was she being so nice to me? I never saw this side of any diamond! I was literally frozen, and didn't know what to do or say. I just stared into the stars. She didn't seem to move either.
"My diamond-" pearl walked into the room and I nearly fell over. Yellow stood up and faced her.
"Yes pearl?"
"Blue diamond wishes to speak to you." And just like that I was alone again, still trying to figure out what the hell had just happened.