(23) PC: Reepicheep!

Start from the beginning

"Minotaurs? They're real?" Caspian asked. Robin tried hard not to roll her eyes.

"And very bad-tempered." The badger added.

"Yeah, not to mention big." Nikabrik filled in. Robin did roll her eyes on that one. She was about to say; "Leave him alone." when Trufflehunter decided to join in on the action.

"Huge." He said. Caspian started forward again.

"What about Centaurs?" The prince asked. "Do they still exist?"

"Well, the Centaurs will probably fight on your side." Robin started.

"But there's no telling what the others will do." Trufflehunter finished. Caspian stopped again and seemed to be thinking over his next question. Now, Robin, the badger and Dwarf were all three in front of him.

"What about Aslan?" Asked Caspian. Robin gave a quick chuckle, but continued going unlike Trufflehunter and Nikabrik. They looked at each other, then turned back around to face the prince. Robin stopped and turned around with her hands on her hips, she was really getting annoyed with how long it was taking to get through this forest.

"How do you know so much about us?" Asked the Dwarf.

"Stories." Caspian answered as if it were obvious.

"Wait a minute." Trufflehunter waved his paws and shut his eyes as if thinking hard. "Your father told you stories about Narnia?"

"No, my professor, he..." Caspian stopped and looked at Robin, then back at the other two. "Listen, I'm sorry. These are not the kind of questions you should be asking." He started toward Robin when she raised her hands to stop him. She brought in a long breath and the badger was doing the same. "What is it?" The prince and Dwarf asked at the same time.

"Human." Trufflehunter said. While Robin was thinking it.

"Him?" Nikabrik asked shoving a finger as Caspian.

"No." Robin answered looking behind everyone.

"Them." Trufflehunter said. They all followed his gaze to the on-coming soldiers.

"There they are!" A soldier yelled aiming his crossbow at the four.

"Run!" The badger yelled and they all gave no second thought to it.

As Robin ran she felt in fire inside her, that had burned centuries ago, light. Her body wanted to shift and she was glad to allow it. Her bones popped and morphed into the size they need to be for her inner beast. As she ran dodging arrows her body lowered itself to the ground and then the girl was gone and a black panther stood in her place. She came to a complete stop and growled at the coming Telmarnies. Caspian slid to a stop before her and his eyes grew wide. He looked around for Robin, but only found the big cat.

Robin growled again and dashed at him, barely avoiding his legs, and toward the soldiers. Arrows whizzed by her and struck the trees around them. Robin tackled her first man and was having to put up a fight against his sword and her claws and teeth. Trufflehunter fell to the ground with a yelp as an arrow punctured his back.

"Oh, no." Nikabrik said as he started back toward his friend.

"Wait, I'll go." Caspian ran past him and to the badger. Trufflehunter raised out of the bag Susan's horn and pushed it toward Caspian.

"Take it. Go! It's more important than I am." Caspian grabbed it and looked at Robin as she killed the Telmarine.

A small scampering noise was heard and one of the soldiers fell to the ground without Robin doing anything. Caspian looked at where the man had been in confusion. Another Telmarine miraculously fell and again it wasn't Robin, she was dealing with another sword and a man with fast moves.

Caspian picked the badger up and ran to where the Dwarf was waiting. He handing the creature to Nikabrik and told him to get out of here. The Dwarf nodded but didn't go very far. The prince turned back around and pulled out his sword. He watch another Telmarine fall leaving two, but now one considering Robin finally got the jump on her opponent.

The last man dropped his crossbow and pulled out his sword. He started aimlessly cut off the leaves of the tall plants around him yelling; "Where are you?!" at everything he cut down. Robin came to a crouch in front of him, and gave a low growl. Then he was gone. Just like the others, he just fell to the ground and was dead.

The scrapping started toward Caspian, but Robin did nothing. She waited until Caspian fell then casually walked forward.

"Choose your last words carefully, Telmarine." The little creature said, as he sat on Caspian's chest.

"You are a mouse." Caspian said. Robin sighed at the same time as the mouse.

"I was hoping for something a little more original." The mouse said. He gestured with his small sword to Caspian's above the prince's head. "Pick up your sword." Caspian looked up at it then back at the mouse.

"Uh... No, thanks."

"Pick it up! I will not fight an unarmed man."

"Which is why I might live longer if I choose not to cross blades with you. noble mouse."

"I said I would not fight you. I didn't say I'd let you live!" By now Nikabrik and Trufflehunter were standing above Caspian's head and Robin at his feet staring at the mouse with a small hunger. Of course she wouldn't eat him, he was a friend.

"Reepicheep!" Trufflehunter yelled. "Stay your blade!"

"Trufflehunter? I trust you have a very good reason for this untimely interruption."

"He doesn't." Robin said as she stared to clean her paws. Reepicheep looked back at her shocked that he had just now seen her.

"Go ahead." Nikabrik told the badger.

"He's the one who blew the horn." Trufflehunter said.

"What?" Reepicheep allowed his blade to drop to his side.

"Then let him bring it forward." The voice of Glenstorm came from above them. Robin stood up and smiled--in her panther way--at him. Three of the Centaur's sons were also with him. "This is the reason we have gathered."