(23) PC: Reepicheep!

Robin, she was pretty sure he slapped her, but it didn't matter she wanted to sleep. "Robin, wake up now!" He yelled--she realized--for the second time. She mumbled a "Mm." but tried to roll over. He started shaking her violently and she finally slapped him with a force that shouldn't have been there.

"Can't you see I'm trying to sleep?" She hissed at him, half sitting up. Then she fell back down, her head banging the headboard. "Ouch." She grabbed at her head, only to feel a slight pang erupt from her hand. She said another, "Ouch." and looked at her palm. There was a thin pale line stretching across the underside of her hand, from her thumb to her small finger.

"That's one of reasons I wanted to talk to you...?" Caspian sat down on the edge of the bed.

"It couldn't wait a little while longer?"

"Not when you can't sleep, and the Dwarf won't let me out until morning." Robin slowly sat up and leaned back until her back leaned against the headboard.

"Fine, what do you want to know?" Caspian didn't wait to think about his words before the first question spilled out.

"How come when you blacked out all Trufflehunter did was place your hand in a bucket of water?" Robin had to think for a second before she fully understood his question.

"Um...well." She chuckled. "I'm a Nymph, a sea one to be precise. I can heal myself with water, even when unconscious. Well, really I'm a human mix, considering I don't look or act like a Nymph." Caspian started nodding his head.

"Okay, that doesn't the explain the growl?" Oh, he heard that.

"Ah..." She looked to the ground. Why is it so hard to explain to him? I did just fine with the Pevensie. "I am part panther too."

"How can you be all three?"

"Uh...well I don't know why he created me half human and half Nymph, but I am half panther because he saved me from dying when the White Witch came into the world." Caspian opened his mouth but Robin raised her hand to silence him. "And that is all the questions I will answer for now, I'm going back to bed and I advise you to too. You can even have the bed I sleep better in front of a fire anyways."

He started to object but in the end Robin just got up and sat by the fire with her back against the wall. The flames danced on her face, and she fell asleep to the crackling fire.

Robin and Caspian left the next morning right as the sun broke through the firmament. They set out through the Shuddering Woods just to stay a head of Miraz. Robin tried to make little talk, but neither she nor Caspian were in the mood to talk. A small rustling came from behind them and they both stopped. Robin gave a long sniff of the air and found that it was their new friends.

"I can hear you." Caspian said, turning around. Robin gave a half turn and stared at two trees. Out from behind them Trufflehunter and Nikabrik walked out.

"I just think we should wait for the kings and queens." Trufflehunter suggested, not for the first time. Around the badgers neck was a small satchel that Robin could only guess had the horn of Susan in it. Caspian doesn't even consider it as he walks away, with Robin beside him. Trufflehunter and the Dwarf follow. "Fine! Go then! See if the others will be as understanding!"

"Or maybe I'll come with you." Nikabrik said. "I want to see you explain things to the Minotaurs."

"He won't have to do much talk." Robin finally said. She looked down at the Dwarf with a smirk. "I'll do the explaining." Caspian had stopped and Robin ran into his back. She took a step back and rubbed her forehead while glaring at him. The badger and Dwarf continued walking though.