(8) LWW: We are here to see Aslan

After a short while the humans found that is was becoming too warm to wear the coats and left them for some strange passer-by to collect them. Robin loved that spring was coming finally, and fast. She was glad to stand under the trees and feel the snow drizzle down on top of her. She might be a cat, but her girl side was starting to take over, making the cat want to get as wet as possible.

"So, what's he like?" Lucy asked as they trekked on through the now green forest. Her hands ran through Robin's pelt and brushed out the burrs and sticks.

"Who?" Asked Robin, as she started to purr.

"Aslan."

"Like nothing you've ever seen."

"So have you met him?" Susan asked as she came up behind.

"Yes, a long time ago." Robin made sure her voice didn't quaver, but it was hard: it had been a long time.

"I hope he's nice." Lucy said. Robin chuckled.

"He is nice. But he can also be mean, but in a wise way. The King of Narnia cannot afford to be nice all the time. I wouldn't want to be Jadis when his wrath falls upon her."

"Why do you call her that?"

"Because that is her name. Why call her anything but that? I call you Lucy and Susan, not friendly and logical. It is a title, the White Witch, just like your's."

"But why would you call us that?"

"That is the point, I wouldn't. Most likely even when you are Queens, I will call you by your real names." The forest fell silent. Robin could feel the tension rise as she said 'Queens'.

"We're here!" Mr. Beaver called, as everyone emerged from the wood, to a grassy, tree clear, area. A small stream lined it's way along the far left side of it, and a few trees dotted the banks. At the far back end of the meadow two small hills came together creating a valley. In this valley the colors of red, yellow, and green could be seen. On banners and tents. Creatures of many sizes, shapes, and races worked around the tents. Sharpening swords and re-pairing armor.

Here Robin felt her heart sore. She was with her kind now. Sure the Beavers were her kin, but in this field of warriors, Robin was more at home than any other being there. Her strides caught a fast pace and soon she left the Pevensie and Beavers alone to sight see. She walked down one of the many paths, but only this one brought her to where she wanted to be. A horn sounded in the distance announcing the arrival of their guests.

Oreius stood before the tent of the Great Lion. The tent itself sat on a higher ledge than all the other the tents around it. Before she could herself give a bow of recognition, Oreius bent his upper body down and bowed before her. "Welcome back, Robin." His voice a bit deep, but calm and gentle as are all Centaur's voices. He slowly stood up showing his whole profile: His lower body is that of a black horse. His tail flicks this way and that and his legs flinch as tiny flies land there sometimes. His upper body is of a man with long black wavy hair that reached past his shoulders. His ears pointed out like a Faun's, but looked more horse than goat.

Robin was going to answer when she felt the bones in her body, crack and re-shape against her will. After a moments pain instead of a black panther standing before the Centaur, a girl stood in her place. "It is good to be back." Robin answered, after catching her breath. Oreius smiled, then looked behind her. Robin followed his gaze and was met with the eyes of Lucy, whose mouth had slightly dropped. Robin gave a shy smile and stepped back as the Pevensie and Beavers approached.

Oreius stepped forward and looked the three children up and down. Peter brought out his sword and stared at the Centaur. "We have come to see Aslan." Peter said, his voice not quite strong but not fearful either. He eyed Robin, along with his sisters, as she came down to stand beside the Beavers. A crowd had formed behind the group, Centaurs, Fauns, Minotaur, Griffins, horses, Unicorns, big cats, and bears. Many other's were hidden in the crowd also. Oreius looked at the tent as did everyone else, then as if by some internal knowing they all bowed, everyone that is but the Pevensie.

The tent flaps moved and out came the royal beast. Now, the children bowed. Aslan nodded at Robin as she looked at him. Then turning to the siblings said. "Welcome, Peter, Son of Adam." Peter raised his head and looked at the Lion. "Welcome, Susan and Lucy, Daughter of Eve. And welcome to you, Beavers and Robin. You have my thanks. But where is the forth?" Everyone stared to stand.

"That's why we're here, sir." Peter said. "We need your help."

"We had a little trouble along the way." Said Susan.

"Our brother's been captured by the White Witch." A murmuring broke the silence of the now standing crowd.

"Captured? How could this happen?" Asked Aslan. Peter looked down.

"He betrayed them, Your Majesty." Robin informed them. The crowd began murmuring again.

"Then he has betrayed us all!" Oreius said as he took a step forward.

"Peace, Oreius." A slight roar echoed as Aslan said that. "I'm sure there's an explanation." There was a short silence.

"It's my fault, really." Peter spoke up. Robin, who had been avoiding all their gazes, now looked at him. "I was too hard on him." Susan placed a hand on his shoulder.

"We all were." She said, turning back to Aslan.

"Sir, he's our brother." Lucy finally spoke.

"I know, dear one." Aslan lowered his head and looked at her through his yellow eyes. "But that only makes the betrayal all the worse. This may be harder than you think." With that everyone in the crowd walked off to do what they had been doing before.