Chapter 34

Dedication to @Moonlight_4everx

I looked at Eric and the group of men who stood behind him. They looked casual and somewhat dressed for an occasion like this. Somehow that made me really nervous. I mind linked with Shayne to tell him that Eric was here in front of me. There were a lot of wolves from the pack around but that didn't do much to reassure me. Only few knew about the problem we were having.

"I was invited." Eric said, referring to my previous question. "Or was I not?"

"Of course." I said clearing my throat.

I opened the door and stepped aside. Eric had a smile on his lips which wasn't settling well with me. He looked like he knew a secret that I might want to know. Eric and some of his men stepped inside the house and took in the scene. Loraine looked at Eric and moved closer to me. She stood a bit behind me as if hiding from Eric.

People were talking amongst each other and were enjoying themselves. It was noisy inside due to everyone talking. I quickly walked over to Shayne when I spotted him making his way over to me. Sebastian casually walked to Loraine and she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Eric, you came." Shayne said looking pleased for some reason.

I don't want him here, I told Shayne through our mind link.

He isn't going to hurt you. I promise.

I looked up at Shayne and clung to his arm just like Loraine was doing with Sebastian. I didn't want Eric here but I also wasn't going to kick him out. Shayne didn't seem worried about having him here. People were looking at us but they didn't seem to be bothered by the fact Eric was here.

"Well, I was invited." He said.

"You know I consider you family and I want us all to settle things out." Shayne said. "But that is something we will talk about later."

"Of course. Sage, congratulations on your pup. When will we be expecting the little rascal?"

We?

"Less than a month now. Sage is four months along now and the pack doctor said it would be in three weeks maybe four."

I didn't feel comfortable with Eric asking so many questions about my baby. Shayne didn't seem to think anything wrong about it but I could feel how tense he had become. I placed my hand on his chest and he relaxed under my touch.

"I'm going to go find Jake and make sure he doesn't get his hands on all of the food." I said to Shayne, trying to keep a light tone.

"That Rogue friend of yours?" Eric asked.

"My brother." I corrected. "Jake is my brother."

"But he's not, right?" Eric pushed.

Eric wanted me to snap at him. I could see that now that it was the plan he had in his head. For whatever reason, Eric wanted me to lose it. I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction.

"No, he's not." I said.

"How did you meet him?"

"Eric." Shayne warned.

I looked at Loraine and she was looking at me curiously. I wasn't sure how much Shayne had shared with Sebastian and how much Sebastian had shared with Loraine. She knew things that were going on in the pack just like I knew a couple of things about Fallen Ash.

"It was years ago." I answered in a quiet voice.

I wasn't going to jump into a story if that's what he was waiting for. I wasn't going to tell him how I met Jake. That would require me telling him how I had bumped into him. Rider and Eric had people after me and it was because of them that I had almost gotten myself killed.