Falling

In a previous chapter I mentioned I had a story for Alpha Jace who was featured in chapter 18. For those of you who were asking me, I took it down to edit and re-write.

This is only a sneak peak of a chapter. The story is up on my page. It's been completed but not all of the chapters are up. I'm still editing and re-writing some things, but this time I'm happy with the direction I took.

Description:
Jace is a confident man who is known for having the most skilled wolves in his pack-Shadow Falls. He is respected by other packs due to his reputation. So when life plays a trick on him by giving him a human for a mate, Jace wants nothing more than to forget her existence. But even Jace can't run away from the strong connection he holds with Leía.

"You did what?"

"I wanted to be with you and that was his condition. There's only a few months until your birthday. I figured after that Logan would find out." Chase said. "I didn't think you'd tell him right away."

"My parents talked to him and they haven't said a word. He's coming this week and I figured I'd tell him then. He wouldn't even answer my phone calls." I said. "Why would you even do something like that behind my back?"

"I told you I wanted to be with you and Logan didn't think it would be so serious."

I was still angry that he kept it from me. Chase took me I to his arms and kissed me softly. Being mad at him was hard whenever I was close to him. I loved him too much.

"I'm still mad at you." I told him but there was a playfulness to my tone.

"You'll forgive me tomorrow once you see where I'm taking you." He said.

I looked at him with curiosity. "Where are you taking me?"

"You'll see."

"Tell me." I begged.

"You'll see tomorrow." He kissed my cheek.

I groaned with how secretive he was being, but I was excited. I loved surprises because of Chase. He always managed to take my breath away.

"Let's go, these woods have eyes." He tried to make his voice sound spooky but it only made me laugh.

It was late when we all decided to sleep. We were enjoying ourselves way too much. It was cold during the night but Chase's body felt warm. We were close enough to each other that the cold wasn't so bad. I had kin practically smushed against me.

I didn't know what time it was when I woke up but I knew it was the middle of the night. The boys snuck out of the tents to go somewhere. I peeked out but there wasn't anyone around.

When morning rolled around Chase was next to me. He was sound asleep when I slipped out of the tent. I put the kettle over the fire to have some coffee.

Courtney was the first to pop out of the tent after me. She helped me start making breakfast for everyone. It was tricky since we had to use things we weren't used to making. Our pancakes can out looking like disfigured blobs.

"We should just leave and get something before everyone wakes up." Courtney suggested.

"There's no fun in that."

She looked miserable. Her blonde hair was up in a messy bun, and her eyes looked tired. She had in shorts and a t shirt which looked wrinkled and outworn.

Everyone else was starting to wake up and they helped out with the food. Courtney seemed in a better mood after eating. I was in fits of laughter when Jacob kept making fun of her and messing with her.

When Chase finally decided that he was going to take me to the place he mentioned he had me change. I assumed we were going to a river or something since he suggested I put on my bathing suit. We were too far up to be at the usual place where everyone in town hung out on a hot day, but there was a stream further up.

When we finally reached it I was completely excited. It was absolutely beautiful. The water was clean and there wasn't anyone around. We would have the stream to ourselves.

While I sat on a rock and dipped my feet in, everyone else tried to find a spot where the water was deep enough. It was fun and relaxing. Chase stayed by my side the entire time.

"We should get going." I said once I noticed it was getting dark. "My parents will be pissed if I'm don't come home tonight."

"I'm not ready to go."

I yelped when Chase suddenly picked me up. I screamed when he walked over to the rest of the gang and pulled me into the water along with him. I had refused to completely get wet when we got there.

"Chase!" I slapped his chest playfully.

Chase grabbed me around the waist and pulled me in for a kiss. Everyone was laughing until a loud growl pierced through the trees. We all grew quiet and looked around.

"What-" Courtney was about to say but Ivan hushed her.

There was another howl and this time it sounded closer. We all looked at each other. I wondered if it was a wild dog. I didn't want to think too much about it but everything changed when Chase pulled me up.

"Move!" Chase said. "Let's go!"

Ivan was helping Courtney out while Jacob had a hold of Kim. Will was already out of the water gathering our things. Chase hurriedly had me put on my shorts and my t-shirt.

"I didn't think there would be wild dogs around these areas." Chase said. "They're getting closer."

"At least it's not bears." I tried to joke.

"I rather it be a dog than a bear." Kim agreed.

We were just about to start heading back when we heard vicious growls from somewhere around the trees. We all stood frozen in place. Chase was shaking violently next to me. At first I thought maybe he was cold but when I looked up he just looked angry.

I had just opened my mouth to say something when a dark figure shot out of the bushes. Courtney screamed and fell back when the animal landed a few feet in front of her. My eyes widened when I saw the size of the animal.

"Run!" Ivan shouted at us.