Chapter Forty Two- Faking it

(Michael's POV)

(Michael's POV)

"What's the emergency, who's hurt?" Justine bursts through the door looking around crazily.

"There's not an emergency. I just knew that you wouldn't come if I just asked you to come over." I explain standing up.

"Yeah I'm not coming over to my besties boyfriends house for no reason, it's weird." She crosses her arms over her chest looking at me.

"I needed a favor."

"I'm not doing any freaky shit with y'all." She shakes her head in disgust.

"No! You'd be the last person I'd ask to do something like that. Fuck no, anyway that's not what I was going to ask. I need you to fake date Sterling so Ryan can move in with me."

"I'm not going to lie to my bestie."

"I'll pay you or get you whatever you want just please do this for me. I need her home every night when I come home from work. I'm tired of traveling all the way to the city to see her."

"Anything? Wait no I'm not a sell out. Plus Sterling is a ass hole."

"Hey I'm standing right here." Sterling comes bouncing down the stairs. "Anyways its a good idea, we can set boundaries and stuff in case you're uncomfortable."

"It's weird that you two have already spoken about this. How long have you been plotting this?" She glares at us.

"I kind of lied to Ryan and told her that you and Sterling already hooked up?" I smile guiltily. "But it was only to put the idea of you two in her head."

"That's weird." She sits down on a stool at the island. "Okay what do you gain from this Sterling?"

"Nothing really, but I want my best friend to be happy and if Ryan moving in here will make him happy then, hey."

"A lie what's he giving you?" She points at him and squints.

"A Rolex." He gives in and sits down next to her.

"Come on fam, you were supposed to say he's giving me a great friendship. Can't do shit right nigga. What do you want if you'll do this for me?"

"He's giving you a Rollie? Nigga hand me your card I'm finna go shopping." She sticks out her hand with a raised eyebrow.

"Only if you go with Sterling. I need you two to make actual appearances and seem like an actual couple."

"Fine but if this blows up in our faces I'm completely blaming this on you. We can't go now I have to go help her film a music video."

"Music video?"

"Yeah she's the love interest in King's music video. Did she not tell you about this?"

"No." I grab my bomber jacket and my phone.

"Where you going?"

"With you so I know ain't nothing foul going on with King. The nigga won't leave my girl alone and I won't hesitate to beat his ass."