salt

the last time minho felt those chapped lips against his own would always be bittersweet. it had happened roughly two years after jisung had been diagnosed with cancer; minho had been sat on the younger's bed, gently playing with jisung's fingers, a heavy, tense silence filling the room - the results from jisung's last tests hadn't been pretty. the couple had known that it would happen soon, but neither of them had voiced it out. instead, minho had called jisung's name softly, slowly bringing his hand up to caress the younger's pale cheek. he'd tried to tell him "it's okay, sungie. if you don't want to fight anymore, i'll understand you. you did well. i love you", but instead, all he'd managed to choke out had been a weak "please hold on",  trying his best to fight back the tears - and failing at it. jisung's own sobs had followed soon after, silently streaming down the fragile boy's face. minho had hugged him, sobbing into the male's chest, soaking the younger's pajamas. he had felt jisung wrap his arms around him, gently massaging his back, and minho cried. cried until there were no tears left. cried until jisung had been too tired to comfort him anymore. cried until he couldn't keep going as well. cried until jisung had whispered his name, begging minho to kiss him. and minho obliged.

the kiss had tasted different; it had been salty from all the tears they had shed together. but they hadn't cared - at least they still had been able to feel their lips slowly molding together: soft, gentle movements and sweet nothings mumbled against each other's mouths.

they both had felt that jisung wouldn't make it through the night, but yet again, neither of them had said it out loud. they had let the kiss speak for them, the love between the two young males replacing the sadness in the room.

and minho had let jisung go.

(a/n)

it's the end

thank you for all the support,, for 5k reads n almost 1k votes. it means a lot! i hope you enjoyed this. i love you!