Chapter 43: Escapade

Start from the beginning

The brown haired male frowned. "It's getting pretty late. You should head to bed."

The onyx male took a look at his watch and shrugged. "2 am isn't that bad."

Kai nodded slightly. "If you say so."

Taking his feet off his desk, Raiden straightened up his posture. He leaned his cheek against his hand. "What's the real reason why you're here? You never visit my workshop unless you want something." His lips curled into a smirk. "Perhaps, you desire another bracelet?"

Kai narrowed his eyes, suddenly becoming very conscious of the elaborate metal chains he wore on his wrist. "No."

Raiden smiled. "Then tell me what's wrong. Don't be shy now. You look like you're rooted in place."

Stiffening up a bit, he took a few steps towards the male. "I.. lost control today."

"Oh?" Raiden rose an eyebrow in interest. "Did she strike a sensitive spot?" He asked, amused.
Kai clenched his fist, taking in a few breaths, trying to calm himself. "You.. You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

The black haired male stood up and sauntered toward him. When he was standing directly in front of him, he smiled. "Of course I am. Your case is fascinating."

Kai bit his lip, glaring at him.

Raiden walked away from him, stretching his arms and placing his hands behind his head. "Tell me, Kai, when you lost control, did you consider using your bracelet?"

The brunette hesitated, nodding his head slightly. "Yeah.. But I didn't use them."

The male chuckled, sitting down once more. "But you held yourself back." He took a glance at him. "..Or did you?

Kai looked at the ground shamefully. "I.. hurt her wrists.."

"Ah, so that's the real reason why she wore bandages." He said, leaning back in his chair. "Allian and Ryoma had informed me of the bandages on her wrists. They both gave me the same reason." He leaned forward. "That she was pulling against the cuffs too much and it was beginning to swell. Now we both know that's not the case."

Startled, Kai stared at the male in disbelief. "Ace.. lied to them? Why would she..?"

"Well, she obviously knows that telling someone that she's been hurt will cause a big discord amongst us," Raiden replied, smiling. "She doesn't want to see us hurt each other, despite what we've done to her. What a kind soul."

Kai was at a loss for words.

"You know, if controlling yourself doesn't work out.." Raiden smirked. "Then losing control is always an option."

Kai stared at him, his eyes wide and in shock. "What?" He took a step forward. "You're supposed to be helping me with this, not encouraging it!"

Raiden shrugged. "I am helping you. It's not good to let your anger stockpile. Once in a while, you need to let it run loose. The only concerning matter is what you release your anger on." A smirk found its way to his lips. "Maybe you can use that anger on whoever tries taking Ace away from you."

He pursed his lips, frustration running in his veins. "Why the hell did you even give this-" He pointed at the bracelet. "In the first place?"

Raiden's eyes fell onto the metallic item strung around his wrist. "I want to see what you'll do with it." He glanced back up at him. "If Evan carries around a switchblade, then surely you can carry around a bracelet."

Kai glared at him. "It isn't-"

"Wait." Raiden said, holding his hand up in a 'quiet' gesture. He stood up slowly. "Someone's here." He whispered.