With that, he entered the room, closing the door behind him.

The guys glanced at each other in question before looking back to the phone.

Ace (9:30 am): I'm with the guys right now. I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me.

Ace: We left the lodge because there was some burglar last night. I don't even know why there was a burglar in a place like Snowfall Valley..

Ace: He smashed a window.

Ace: I was still half asleep at the time so I couldn't really think straight.

Ace: The two friends that decided to come with me on the trip

Ace: ...I couldn't protect them

Ace: I can't forgive myself.

Ace: I'm sorry.

~

"Can I come in?"

Pulling her knees to her chest, Ace reluctantly looked at the door. "..Sure."

Opening the door, Kai walked into the room and shut it behind him. He brought his gaze to the girl who sat on the bed, her body posture looking fatigued and defeated.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked, walk over to her and sitting on her bedside.

"Do I look okay..?" She asked, her voice soft and dejected.

He frowned, brushing his fingers across the duvet.

"You seemed to be friends with Stephanie." She sighed. "I didn't forget that you ran toward her when the chandelier fell. Was that all just acting?"

He hesitated for a moment. The betrayal that was written all over her face.. It felt..

"I'm sorry."

The girl didn't seem to react in any way. Her expression just remained neutral. Leaning back against the bedframe, she sighed. "Can you let me go?"

He blinked, surprised. "Let you go?"

When she rose her bound wrist towards him, giving it a little shake. The chains rattled against each other. The affected skin was red and beginning to swell from her pulling against it all the time. "Yeah.. can you unlock the cuffs? Do you have the key?"

He bit the inside of his cheek, his eyes furrowing in sympathy. "I'm sorry, Ace. We can't."

Ace let her wrist drop onto a pillow. "So you do have the key. I figured as much."

"I thought you would be angrier." He frowned. "Why aren't you yelling at me?"

She scoffed. "Of course I'm mad at you. I'm just too tired to show it." She muttered, looking away from him. "It's been a few hours since I woke up. My heart aches from everything you guys told me."

He pursed his lips. "Everything that we're doing is for your own good."

She slumped in her seat. "I don't think so. Everything that you're doing is for your own good."

He rose an eyebrow at her. "What do you mean?" He asked.

She laughed, although it sounded dry and broken. "A nice person like you should know, out of all the others."

He tightened his grip on the soft material, his emotions hidden from sight. He drew in a breath, attempting to calm himself. "You're right. I know exactly what you mean." He gave her a gentle smile. "Is being selfish once in a while that bad?"