Chapter 9: Fishman Island

Jade-
  Our ship was coated and we made our way to Fishman Island. Sanji made us drinks. I happily drank it. They were so nice and they all looked so strong!
  I stood up and walked to the back of the boat with Ace. "Taking it all in?" I asked.
  "Yeah...this is amazing. Because of my devil fruit...I don't go in water. Now I can actually go in and enjoy it without worrying about drowning." Ace said.
  "My devil fruit allows me to shapeshift, so I've been in the ocean a few times as an ocean animal...but not as my human self." I said.
  Ace smiled. "I enjoy not being dead, I don't know how to thank you enough." Ace said.
  I chuckled. "Just don't get caught again and we'll call it even." I said.
  Ace laughed and then he looked back at Sanji. "He's been staring at you girls like that for a while, it's creepy." Ace said.
  I laughed. "Just ignore it." I said.
  "Nami...how long to Fishman Island?" Luffy asked.
  "Luffy...we just got underwater we haven't even reached 3,000 meters deep!" Nami shouted.
  I laughed. We continued to descend deeper and deeper into the ocean. "If you aren't covered up...you may want to." Nami added.
  Ace put on his hat and zipped up his jacket. Zoro handed me a jacket. "You don't want to catch a cold." He said, and I nuzzled the jacket. It was warm and soft and cozy.
  Ace put his arm on top of my head and I sighed. "I hate you." I said.
  Ace laughed. "I can't help it, shorty." Ace teased. I laughed too.
  "Hey, Nami..." Luffy started.
  "The answer is no, Luffy! We are it there yet!" Nami shouted.
  "That's not what I was going to ask!!!" Luffy whined.
  "Oh, what was it then?" Nami asked.
  "When someone loves someone romantically what happens?" Luffy asked.
  "They kiss, why?" Nami asked.
  "Just curious!" Luffy exclaimed, and he walked over to Ace and I. "Hey Ace, kiss Jade! I want to see what a kiss is!" Luffy shouted.
  "Luffy!" Ace shouted, his cheeks red.
  "Oh boy." I said, holding my hot cheeks that were definitely bright red under.
  "I'm the captain, so you have to do what I say!" Luffy shouted.
  "I'm going to murder you!!!" Ace screamed, and he chased Luffy around.
  I covered my mouth and laughed. "Hey Luffy, I'll gladly show you." Sanji said.
  "Me too!" Brook shouted.
  Nami hit them both. "Idiots. Two years and you're still children! Luffy, kissing isn't something you can force." Nami said.
  "She's right, it has to be earned!" Robin said.
  "I want to see kissing too. Ace, please?" Chopper begged.
  I couldn't resist the adorable blue-nosed reindeer. "It's fine Ace, it's not like it'll kill us." I said.
  "Well...no...but...uh..." Ace stammered.
  I chucked. "It's just one." I said.
  Ace blushed, his hand behind his head. "Well...only because you're okay with it." Ace said.
I chuckled. Luffy and Chopper sat and stared at us, so did everyone else. Ace had to shrink down to my height. It was just a quick little kiss. "There, happy?" Ace asked, blushing.
"That looks fun!! I want to try it!!!" Luffy shouted.
"It was sweet!" Chopper exclaimed.
I laughed at their responses. "I guess it wasn't too bad." Ace said.
I laughed a bit. "Guys! There's the current down!" Nami shouted, and we got deeper.
We came across a ghost ship called the Flying Dutchmen and a Kraken that Luffy tamed and named Surume. Surume took us through the underwater volcanos and then Surume swam us down.
We arrived at the main gate of Fishmen Island, and they opened it to let us in. We anchored at the Sea Forest. "This is a popular tourist site right?" Ace asked, unzipping his jacket.
"Mmm-hmm." I said, taking off the jacket Zoro had given me.
"I gotta find Jimbei an ask him my question!" Luffy shouted.
"Can we see the mermaids first?" Sanji asked.
"Oh...yeah! Let's go see Camie and her friends!!!" Luffy shouted.
Ace and I looked at each other confused. "Camie?" We asked.
"Oh!! She was a mermaid we saved from the Celestial Dragons!" Luffy said.
"So that's why there was so much ruckus. You were causing trouble. What am I going to do with you?" I asked.
Luffy laughed. "Oh that's right!! You were one of Law's crew members before us!" Luffy shouted.
"Duh." I said.
Then Luffy and I laughed. "I want to see Jimbei soon." Ace said.
"Me too! But first, Camie and the mermaids!" Luffy shouted.
We walked in our group of eleven people. The people all watched us with caution but went on with their business. "Why won't anyone say hi?" Luffy asked.
"Merfolk and Fishman are heavily discriminated against on land. It's not surprising." I said.
"Maybe we should break off to make them more comfortable and meet up at Camie." Ace said, tilting his hat up.
"Y-Yeah." Luffy said.
We split off into groups. Luffy and Usopp, Nami and Franky, Sanji and Brook, Chopper and Robin, and then Zoro, Ace, and I.
"Oh, you two...keep an eye on Zoro! He has a terrible sense of direction!" Nami hollered.
"Ok." We said.
"We'll meet up with you guys at the Mermaid Cove!" Luffy shouted.
We all split off and waved. "Hey Zoro, why do you have a terrible sense of direction?" Ace asked.
"Huh? I don't know, I always get to where I need to go. It's not like it matters!" Zoro shouted.
I laughed. "Easy man, I was just curious." Ace said. "Sheesh." Ace sighed.
"You guys are too funny." I said.
"Sorry about Luffy earlier, you know how he is." Zoro said.
"It wasn't a big deal." I said.
"Other than having to obey Luffy, it's wasn't terrible." Ace said.
I chuckled at that. "If you had a choice, you'd still be with Whitebeard." I said.
"Yeah." Ace said.
"I imagine taking orders from your younger brother is a bit annoying." Zoro said.
"Eh." Ace said.
I heard someone with my Observation Haki and stopped. I looked around. "What was that?" I asked.
"Yeah, I heard it too." Zoro said, lifting his sword partially from his sheath.
Ace put his hat down. "I hear something too." Ace said.
"If it's a Fishman or one of the Merfolk., don't do anything! We don't want them to think were discriminating solely based on race." I said.
"That's a two way bridge." Ace said.
"We won't do anything." Zoro said, sheathing the sword.
We all three just listened for whatever was causing all three of our Observation Haki to go nuts.