Alec was at the front door locking it while we got in to the car. We all put our seatbelts on as Alec opens the car door and climbed in to the drivers seat. He starts the engine and pulls off.

The whole journey Alec drove holding my hand on his lap, he was nervous. Why? He parked the car outside of the hotel and sent a quick text. "Jayson did you want to see your mom?" Alec asks as she comes out the door. "No." Jayson says causing us both to turn and look at him. "Are you sure?" I ask in a soft tone. "I don't want to see her." He says looking directly at me. "I can't force you kid." Alec says unbuckling his seatbelt. "Ready Summer?" Alec asks. "Bye Olivia, Bye Jay." She says hugging Jayson. "Bye Olivia." She says again, this time she hugs me over the seat. "Bye Summer." I say smiling. "Can you kiss Chloe for me, she's my favourite." She whispers quickly before climbing out the car. The doors close and Alec was stood in front of her. Summer ran to her grandparents while Alec was talking to her. I couldn't quite understand what he was saying but her face went pale, her lip began to quiver. That's when I turned to face Jayson. "I know this isn't really my place to ask, but why don't you want to see your mom?" I ask. "Because I don't." He snaps before rubbing the back of his neck nervously, just like Alec. "I'm mad at her okay." He says honestly. "Okay." Was all I could say. "She told us our dad died." He continues. I turn around to face him again. "I'm so sorry." I say. "You don't need to be sorry." He shrugs. The car door opens and Alec climbs in closing the door behind him. "You guys okay?" Alec asks sensing the silence. "Yeah." We both say. "Great." Alec says pulling away from the hotel.

"Do you guys want to get ice cream?" Alec asks with a boyish grin. "And waffles?" I ask. "What's ice cream without waffles?" Jayson asks. Alec chuckles. "Okay." He says. He turns on to the highway and begins driving towards the ice cream parlour.

He parks in an empty spot and switches off the engine. All I could think about was what they were talking about. We all climb out and enter the car and Alec locks the door. Jayson runs ahead while Alec and I stroll towards the door. "Are you okay?" He asks me. "I'm fine, we can talk about it later, don't worry babe." I say kissing his cheek. He smiles. "Okay honey." He says with an uneasy smile. Jayson stood by the door waiting for us excitedly. We walk in and we get sit at a booth. Alec hands Jayson a menu and we share one. "It's bugging me babe. Has Jayson said something to make you feel uncomfortable?" Alec whispers quickly. "No." I whisper back. "Jayson's great." I add. "So what happened in the car?" He asks me. "We were talking and I asked Jayson why he didn't want to see her." I say. "What did he say?" Alec whispers intrigued. "He said he was mad at her, she told them you died." I say to him. Alec's expression changes from confusion to hurt. "Are you ready to order?" The waitress says interrupting us. She stood by the table with a notepad in her hand. She chewed her gum loud. It was very annoying. I glare at her. "Can I have a Belgium waffle with one, no two scoops of bubblegum icecream." Jayson says with a excited grin. She writes it down. "Can I get a Belgium waffle with two scoops of oreo icecream and chocolate sauce." I say with a greedy grin. "Can I get a the same? And can we get an large Oreo shake with two straws and a small one for my boy." Alec says with a smile. Jayson beams proudly. "Sure." She says walking to the kitchen. "Dad?" Jayson says as she disappears. Alec looks at him, he slowly nods his head. "Did you know where we were?" Jayson asks me. "No I did not, it's complicated Jay, this conversation is for you to have with your mother." Alec says nodding his head trying to convince himself. "Okay." Jayson nods disappointed. "Tell me about school, do you enjoy it?" Alec asks him. "School's great. I'm in the top sets. I play a lot of sports as well and I'm in a few school clubs." Jayson smiles. "That's great." Alec beams proudly. "My favourite is science. I love making stuff." He says continuing. "I want a science set for Christmas. I asked mom, she said she'll see." Jayson shrugs. "Science. I used to love history." Alec says with a shrug. "Because it was probably based on your family." I say rolling my eyes. He chuckles. "You're right. I was an A* student." Alec winks. "My favourite was English." I say. "You look like you were a bookworm." Alec says. Jayson chuckles. "I was." I say defending myself. Alec erupts in laughter. "I knew it. It's all over your face Olivia." Alec says soon containing his laughter. The ringing of my phone distracted me from being mad. It was Konan. "Hello." I say answering. "Hey mom!" Jett says happily. "Hey sweetie, are you okay?" I ask him. "Yeah I'm great, I've won three gold trophies." Jett says happily. "That's great honey. What you doing now?" I ask him. "Uncle Konan's getting me a burger and some food." He says. "It sounds like there's loads of people there." I say. "There is! We've taken about a million family pictures." He says in a bored tone. I chuckle. "Where's dad?" He asks me. "He's right next to me." I say looking over at Alec. "Will Jayson be there when I get back?" He asks. "Yeah he will." I say smiling. "Can I speak to dad quickly?" Jett asks. "Sure." I say handing the phone to Alec. "Jett." I say smiling. Alec takes the phone. They begin chatting. "Is Jett coming back soon?" Jayson asks. "Hopefully." I say smiling. Alec stood up and went outside. He took my phone with him. "So what do you think of him?" I ask as I watch Jayson, his eyes were glued to Alec as he exited. "Jett's pretty cool for a kid." Jayson says. I chuckle. "Thank you but I was talking about your dad, what do you think of him?" I say. "Oh right, he's great." Jayson says smiling. "I know." I agree. "You all are." He smiles. Alec soon comes back in and sits beside me. "Everything alright?" I ask as he puts my phone on the table. "Yeah. Jett's doing great." He smiles. The waitress comes out with our orders and she places it in front of us all. "Enjoy." She says with a smile. We all dig in. We ate in a comfortable silence.