2

Aurora POV

"If we don't get the money by the end of this week you and your stupid kids are all getting kicked out got it?" The landlord spat at my father as he threw the stacks of piled up overdue rent receipts at him.

They both stood in the living room while one screamed at the other while the other practically begged on his knees for an extended limit on the rent.

"Rori why is the landlord ajussi yelling at papa?" I heard Minwoo come behind me, grabbing the railing of the worn outstairs carefully taking each step to come down while rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"Shh it's okay just go back to bed." I whispered grabbing him and pulling him close so I could cover his ears. Putting my hand on the small of his back, I took him back upstairs tucked him in and slid some headphones in his ears so he wouldn't hear the commotion down stairs.

Minwoo is just a little boy he shouldn't have to worry about our money problems at all. I promised mom I'd take of him with my life when she died 5 years ago in a car accident.

Both of my parents were both so hardworking and always taught me to always appreciate the little things in life whether good or bad. 

We lived in a small two story house that barely held itself together. Despite that, my parents managed to make it homey enough to not make that matter.

"My job is a little slow at the moment please just give me until the end of this month." I heard my father pleading from inside my room.

"Till the end of this week Mr.Ahn and that's final." With that the landlord slammed the front door shut on his way out.

"Dad are you okay? I have some money saved up just tell me how much we nee-"

"It's okay Aurora just go to bed I'll figure this out. You and Minwoo shouldn't have to worry about anything alright honey?" My dad said cupping my cheeks gently giving me a small sad smile. He ruffled my hair and ushered me upstairs.

Pulling my covers over me I realized I needed to do something to help.
________________

Gripping my notebook and binder close to my chest, I pushed my glasses up quickly making my way over to my first class. 

Everyone liked to hangout with their friends in the morning in the outside courtyard. Little groupies here and there scattered all over. I didn't really have much friends just my best friend in the whole world Wooyoung.

We'd been friends since we were in diapers and were like two peas in a pod. As we grew up and got to middle school I realized girls started paying a lot of attention to him. Then freshmen year he started becoming friends with the higher crowd. He always made sure I wasn't left out though. I honestly really appreciated him.

Walking up the school steps I tried to navigate through everyone almost bumping into people, but finally making it up close to the front doors.  Only a few more steps before I reached the door but I felt someone bump into me making my books slip forward.

Kneeling to pick them up, I looked up at the boy who'd bumped into me. He just looked back at me and kept walking with his group of friends, laughing, not bothering to apologize. 

I sighed reaching for my statistics book when I noticed a hand reach for it at the same time. Shifting my gaze to him I noticed his soft brown eyes and a small smile playing on his lips as he helped me pick up my things.

"I'm sorry about my friend earlier. He is really careless sometimes." He said handing me my binder as he both stood up in unison. I stayed silent just nodding at him in acknowledgment.