Chapter One

He was a cruel man, my Uncle Vernon. When I messed up he would beat me. When he needed release he would rape me. His wife, Aunt Petunia, and son, Dudley weren't much better. I was like a slave to them. I did all their chores, made them meals, kept the house in order. I was to be quiet and obedient, something I was quite good at. No matter how old I was the abuse and rape went on. I feared them more then the dark lord, when I discovered who he was. Voldemort wanted to kill me. He wanted me dead. The Dursley's made it there mission to torture me everyday. To make my life a living hell. And there was nothing I could do.

When I went to Hogwarts, it was a relief to have a rivalry with Malfoy, because I could fight back, he wanted me to retaliate. It was bliss. I could finally have a will of my own. No one to make me do their chores or homework, no one to touch me in ways I didn't want.

Life with the Dursley's was so bad I would have been happy to let Voldemort kill me. It would be a blessing to finally be rid of the worries of life, I wanted death so much that I would have killed my self had I been able to. Yet, I couldn't, I didn't have the tools, and I had a feeling that no matter how bad it was here that there was something more waiting for me.

When I discovered that I was to kill Voldemort, I wasn't surprised. I had to clean up the Dursley's mess so of course I had to clean up the wizarding world too. That was my purpose in life. And I was happy to fulfill it.

I knew I couldn't die when I met Ron and Hermione. They needed me, almost as much as I needed them. They helped me with Voldemort in 1st-5th year. When Sirius died they were they for me. So I vowed that I would be there for them. Despite the fact that Ron wasn't always on by side, I knew that he would eventually come around.

5th year just ended and I was sent home to the Dursley's. I burnt their breakfast this morning after I got lost in thought and right now I'm in my room after a brutal beating. I can barley move. My birthday is in two days and two days after that I will be heading to The Burrow. I fall asleep like that, thinking of the cozy home that is The Burrow.

A/N:how was that for a first chapter? The rest won't be like this it'll have more action and less back story.

Words: 466