Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Brooke’s POV:

 Mum was driving Paige and I to the dance studio. Today was Monday which means that it is pyramid day. Everyone knows how the pyramid is going to turn out, Kenzie, Paige and I will be on the bottom. Nia and Chloe will be in the middle and Maddie on top. Kendall will be somewhere on the pyramid, her position changes every week.When we got out of the car we walked to the studio, Paige got excited when she saw Chloe get out of her car, with Christi close behind. They ran inside the studio together, skipping and singing along the way. I wasn't nearly as excited as them. In the group dance last week I forgot a leap and that will defiantly reflect on my position on the pyramid. Even though the walk from the car to the studio is extremely short, it feels like much longer than it is. With every step i’m taking I drag my shoes in the gravel. My mum is quick to notice this and says “Brooke, don’t do that, you will ruin you dance shoes.” From then on I walk normally and stop procrastinating. When I open the door to the dance studio I am very suddenly grabbed around the waist by none other than Mackenzie. I hug her back and we walk into the dancer’s den in front of Studio A. I’m looking in my bag for my tap shoes because I couldn’t find them at home.

I am not paying any attention to what Mackenzie is saying, i’m only saying “yep,” at her occasional pause.

I only really tune in when I hear her say “Hi Brandon!” I quickly turn around, Mackenzie was talking to Brandon. Only then do I realize that I shouldn’t have turned around that quickly because both Mackenzie and Brandon’s attention had turned to me. I am just standing there very awkwardly, both of them are looking at me. I really should say something so I open my mouth but no words come out.

Breaking the silence Brandon says “Hi Brooke”

I return a small “Hi”and look down at my feet. It really doesn’t help when Mackenzie starts giggling. I can feel myself starting to blush, so I turn around to my dance bag again even though I know that my tap shoes are in there.

I am saved when Abby yells “GIRLS, PYRAMID NOW!”. At this Paige, Chloe, Maddie, Kendall and Nia all come out of the bathroom and head into studio A. I follow them, still blushing.