SIRIUS BLACK (SOULMATE AU)

I changed the request a bit but I hope it lives up to your standards. Sorry both of the requests took so long but schools just started and I've been very busy :)

The triwizard tournament was upon the wizarding world one again. Every person seventeen years or older would be participating in it at a school called "Hogwarts".

Secretly you were hoping that at this school you'd find your soulmate. Almost everybody that you went to school with had found theirs but you hadn't had much luck in that department. The ones who hadn't were with you in hoping they'd find their soulmate.

As you were performing in the great hall next to your best friend (who had also not found her soul mate) you could almost feel your arm hair tingling. Your noise was almost constantly twitching slightly and the smell of the great hall was the single most intoxicating thing you'd ever felt.

You attempted to stay focused and succeeded over all, walking with your friends to the Ravenclaw table and trying to keep your eyes from wandering to the table next to it where your eyes constantly wanted to drift to.

At the Gryffindor table Sirius Black was frozen, staring at your back as you scurried in line behind one of the other girls. But he could care less about the others.

As soon as you walked into the Great Hall he automatically knew you were his soulmate. Wether his friends believed in them or not he could not deny that you were the most beautiful person he'd ever laid eyes on.

He wished you sat at the Gryffindor table but alas, you chose the Ravenclaw table where almost instantly boys were dive bombing all the girls that obviously hadn't found their soulmates judging by the marks on their exposed wrists that were still very much present.

James watched in amusement as Sirius didn't even look at the food around him, instead staring at the head of the girl who'd seemed to caught his attention immediately.

"You Good there mate?" Remus asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Sirius said idly.

~•~•~

About a week later and you still hadn't had the pleasure of meeting your soulmate. The school was gigantic and there were so many people you couldn't know if you'd ever meet them.

Your headmistress had all of you put your names in the Goblet, and as you were walking out of what was called the Great Hall, the same feeling as before came back  but you ignored it, knowing that if you stepped out of line the headmistress would make you serve a detention with her.

"Why haven't you talked to her?" James questioned Sirius.

"She's almost never alone. She always with her friends or other students or the headmistress. And I don't feel like confessing my love to someone in front of everyone." Sirius explained, eyes never leaving your retreating form.

"And What if she gets chosen for the tournament?" Remus continued.

"Then I can talk to her and ask her to the Yule Ball."

"Um hm."

~•~•~

It was the night that the goblet would tell everybody the names of the contestants that would be competing in the Triwizard tournament.

All of the girls of Beauxbatons were holding hands under the table, a silent show of unity and that if one of them was chosen they'd be behind them through anything.

The piece of paper flew from the goblet and into Dumbledores hand.

"From Beauxbatons... y/n l/n!" You inhaled sharply at your name, both people on your sides squeezing your hands before helping you out of the bench.

You walked up the aisle between the tables, shaking hands with Dunbledore before walking to the back room.

Before you closed the door you met eyes with sharp grey ones that almost made your heart stop.

You quickly shut the door, backing up and into one of the plush chairs next to the fireplace.

An hour later after getting the rules explained to you and the other two champions, you were showed the way out of the castle and the Hogwarts student was sent back to their dorm.

As you were walking down the hallway that same feeling came over you, and you stopped.

"Nice to finally meet you." A deep voice spoke, walking towards you from one of the window sills.

"You've noticed me?" You asked, confused.

"Hard not to when every time I see you I get this feeling that..."

"That makes your hands shake and your hair stand on end." You continued.

"Yes." He nodded slightly.

"That's because..." you trailed off, fingers twitching at your long sleeved shirt.

"You're my soulmate. I know." He smiled, running a hand over your hair softly.

"I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to meet you formally." You whispered, grabbing his hand and linking our fingers together.

"I understand. It hasn't been easy. But I just couldn't let myself not go after you anymore." He kissed your forehead softly.

"Well now, you can help me with my studying for this task. I think I might need your help." He nodded immediately.

"Of course."