Chapter 53. An unwanted surprise Part 2

Start from the beginning

Nicholas was just about to ask the reporter to sit down when I put my hand up to stop him from doing so because this was the chance I was waiting for. I looked at the reporter and then answered his question with "I called a press conference today because I wanted everyone to know that if you show up at the gate of my mansion with a baby in your arms claiming that it's mine then expect to be charged for theft. The baby will obviously undergo a DNA test to prove if it's mine or not and even if it's mine, I don't have any reason to accept it because I handpick the surrogate mothers who can carry my children so don't expect to extort any money from me".

All the reporters looked stunned at me and they all then started yelling questions at me but I just stood up while ignoring them. I was just about to walk out of the conference room when I heard one of the reporters say "Your new lover must be very possessive to leave such a big bite mark on your neck mister Silverstone". I smiled when I realized why Micah was looking so intently at my neck that morning and knew that he had probably casted a spell on the bite mark to make sure that it didn't heal. I knew that he had his reasons behind doing something like that so said to Nicholas while frowning at the reporter "Ban this reporter from ever posting anything regarding my family or me, Nicholas". The reporter started screaming that he didn't deserve to be banned but I didn't care because he should have thought twice before opening his big mouth. I then mind linked Nicholas while walking out of the room and said "Make sure that you find out who that girl sitting in the back row is Nicholas. She's wearing a red floral dress and looks lost. I don't think that she's a reporter so she doesn't have a reason to be here" . Nicholas replied to me with "As you wish my king" and I then stepped into the awaiting elevator.

I went straight to my office after that and tried to mind link Micah to ask him why he had left a mark on my neck but it seemed like he had blocked everything out. I then decided to contact the alpha's to ask them how the training of their pack were going and frowned when I heard alpha Rob of the Blue Moon pack say that the teens of their pack hard heard some humans in their town say that they had seen some werewolves roaming free in their forest. Alpha Rob was clearly frightened by the fact that humans now knew about the existence of werewolves and I calmed him down by saying that I would send my men to look into it. I quickly made a note to ask Noah and Andreas to handle this case because I wanted to see how far they had come in their training.

Connor, Nathan and Jeremy came to talk to me about building a safe house for every pack in the world because of the upcoming war after that and we had lunch together after discussing how the packs could finance their own safe house. Connor and the others went to carry out their own duties after eating and I then busied myself with work again. I didn't even realize when the clock reached four o'clock and frowned at Nicholas when he suddenly walked into my office. "The girl that called this morning is already here my king" said Nicholas then continued with "And it seems like she has been waiting here this whole time because she's the same girl that was present at the press conference this afternoon".

I sighed while remembering my hatred for witches and then said to Nicholas while getting up from my chair "Take her personal information and then do a background check on her before sending her in". Nicholas replied to me with "As you wish my king" and then walked out of my office. I walked to my giant window after that because I needed to calm myself down and then started thinking about how this couldn't be just a coincidence. I knew that I had to be careful from now on because there was a chance that she could be a spy for the witches and the fact that I, as the king couldn't take any actions against her annoyed me to the core.

My office door then suddenly opened and I heard Nicholas yell "Didn't I tell you to wait in the waiting room until I called you miss. You're not allowed in yet so please return to your seat". I groaned inwardly when I heard the girl then reply to Nicholas with "I have been waiting here for hours already and I don't have the patience to wait anymore so tell your boss that I demand to see him immediately or I'll tell the media that he's a brute". Nicholas looked apologetically at me when he heard the girl utter those words and I then said to him "Let her come in Nicholas". I then walked up to the girl while buttoning up my suit jacket and it seemed like the girl had lost her will to speak suddenly.