Tilts

Katrina's POV

I felt physically ill. 

No joke, I was about to throw up all over this battle field, and if I was lucky maybe even on Cirron. 

My stomach was churning with nausea so fierce that I had been pretty much swallowing baby puke for the last five minutes. 

Ever since Blue gave me that look. 

It was the same fucking one he had given me that day in Ray's palace, when we'd been in that bed together, right before our whole universe had gone to shit. 

It was like his eyes had physically plucked me out of whatever situation we were trapped in, and he just held me there. 

That was the look he had given me, except instead of that field of flowers he had seen us in before, I felt like he saw me standing over his grave stone, for years to come. 

Him there and me here. 

And even though I was a thousand different shades of fucking confused about my feelings, one thing I would always know to be true was that Blue Doom was an essential fucking part of me. 

Something in him, was in me. 

And something in me, was in him. 

We were linked. 

Whether through time or fate or whatever, we were linked, twisted and gnarled together like a tree, but one whole. 

No matter how demented it was, or sick, or twisted. 

He and I would always be linked. 

Whether I chose to marry a different man tomorrow, Blue and I were something that could not simply be forgotten or unwritten. 

We were fucking ink. 

So when he stared down at me, almost like he could see my life continuing even though his had ended, well, I felt like projectile vomiting the handful of dried cheerios I had shoved in my mouth before I had climbed into that steel coffin of death this morning and snuck out. 

I stood behind him, watching as he transformed into something dark and sinister. 

I watched Blue's body tense, before seeming to relax in that state. 

I felt the air churn and hiss as energy came rolling in, attracted to the monster that was currently calling to it. 

He was chaos in a storm, and the world bent to his will. 

Blue was turning into Blue Doom. 

A deadly villain, who had every intention of removing Cirron's spine from his body. 

It was all happening too fast. 

I didn't have enough time to think. 

All our friends, our allies were already in position. Crouched and ready to make a move against Cirron and his followers. 

And he had followers. 

It was probably stupid to hope that the majority of them had been crushed by Blue's building when it had fallen. 

Cirron smiled brightly, watching as his followers filed ahead of him. 

All their white masks pulled down, covering their faces, as they stood in front him as a barrier in their long white robes. 

Their robes rustled as they swept their way closer and closer to us, protecting that weakling bitch behind them. 

The air clung to my skin, as sweat trickled down my body.