Loppers

Katrina's POV

It is so strange how everything is connected. 

How one choice or decision can lead you down a path you were never expecting to travel on, or see. 

One decision. 

A single choice can bring  you somewhere that you never thought it could. 

But we never think of it like that in those moments. 

You never think about how when you chose to take a right, you end up in a car wreck two blocks over. 

No one ever thinks of it like that. 

Hell, I never think of it like that, not until now. 

Not until I find myself in this situation, do I find myself thinking back. 

Which decision was it? 

What led me on this path? 

Was the stroll down the alleyway? 

The stopping to watch an arson? 

Or does it go further back by not perfecting my 'run for your life' sprint? 

Maybe it was that kiss. 

That kiss in Blue's bathroom. Our first kiss. 

The way his body had pressed into my own, or maybe it was those small bolts of electricity that were send rushing all through out my body. 

The way his lips had captured mine, and sucked all the air out of my body. 

How my own body had just melted with his. 

The moment that started this full on shit show. 

It had to be. 

Everything thats happened between us, all the stupid mistakes and decisions, the wild fits of pure anger, the quick, hurtful, but hilarious words that had been flung between the two of us. 

I wouldn't have met my best friends without that kiss. 

I wouldn't have figured out who I am, without that fucking kiss. 

What would have happened had I pulled away?

Had I pushed him back? Turned my head at that last second? 

Hell, what if I had stepped through that mirror and been saved? 

Because at that moment when our lips crashed together, I swear the cosmos swerved into the fucking right lane, and now two block later, I was finally at that crash site. 

Right here and right now can all be drawn together by that simple act of him pressing his lips to mine. 

And my sex deprived body had been following him around since then. 

Whatever bond we had fostered had led to this storm. 

That kiss. 

That love. 

Everything had gone crumbling down at that kiss. 

What would my life look like had I not fallen in love with that villain? 

What would have happened had I stayed straight and taken the longer way home that night, all those months ago. 

What would have happened if Lee hadn't been such a bitch and not slept with my best friend?

What if my best friend wasn't certifiably insane?

Or hell, what if I had never become friends with Lia?