"You sing really nicely." he changes the topic and sits down next to me on my bed.

"Thanks." I smile at him. He smiles back at me and we just sit there staring at each other before I look down and clear my throat.

"Well, uh, I guess I'll just get going." he says, getting up. "I'll see you around?"

I nod before he opens my window and jumps out.

*******

I decided to skip today. Not even Melissa knows I did, I took the same exit route Liam took last night and bolted. I needed to find out what Amanda was, with or without her help.

I was currently in the middle of the woods, sitting by a tree and thinking. I wasn't going to let anyone else die because I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. What I really wanted to do was find Derek and talk to him about... well, anything. I missed him.

My pocket buzzes and I take my phone out.

Scott: Liam missing, let me know if u hear from him. r u ok?

My eyes widened.

Me: fine. what do you mean by missing?

I shut my phone off and get up until it starts ringing. I look to see the contact is Liam and I let out a breath I realized I'd been holding.

"Liam?"

I hear someone laughing softly on the other end.

"Listen, Katherine. Tell Scott to cooperate, or your little friend will be dead before you know it."

The line shuts off as I stand there stunned that it was Garret on the other end. I panic, dialing Scott right away, walking through the woods.

"Scott? Scott-"

"He called you too?"

"Yes." I breathe, somewhat relieved that I wasn't alone on this.

"Katherine listen to me. I met with Garret, he wants you to do something to get Liam back, but you have to tell him no, you-"

"What is it?"

Scott sighs on the other end, "He wants you to... he wants you to help me."

"Scott, of course I'm going to help you whether he says to or not. What did he ask you to do?"

"He asked me to break Violet out. I'm not letting you do this."

"Scott, if I don't help you, what's he going to do?"

"He... he's going to kill him. Liam."

"THEN WHY WOULDN'T I HELP YOU?" I shouted at him through the phone.

"Because it's dangerous and I can handle it."

"I'm helping you." I say before ending the call. I sigh at my phone when I hear car doors slamming shut not too far away. I quickly hide behind a nearby tree as the crunching of leaves get closer and I realize it's two people, not one.

"What is it?"

"Gun powder."

I frown at their voices before I peek from behind the tree. Derek should have caught my scent by now. And why was he with Malia?

"Derek?" I say, walking towards them.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Derek says and we watch each other for about a minute before I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him, and he does the same. I bury my face in his chest, breathing in his scent.