//41\\

"careful, kids. don't trip over anything," jennifer called. she owned a small house that she bought two years ago when she got promoted. she was an accountant, a job she worked very hard at.

the house wasn't nearly big enough for six people, but she made it work.

she cooked for the children and let them shower, giving y/n some old clothes. she was roughly the same size as y/n luckily.

jennifer called one of her friends, anthony, to bring over some of his old clothes. he'd been looking to get rid of them for some time.

jennifer introduced the man to every one of the kids and then pulled him aside to explain the situation. he didn't get it, but gave her the clothes nonetheless.

the kids all fell asleep in her living room at around seven o'clock. she came out to find them all cuddling one another on the floor; the five kids just a tangle of legs and arms.

she took a few pictures on her phone and let them be, turning off the light and tossing a couple blankets over them.

she loved kids, and she loved making them feel loved. she considered fostering kids, but she didn't have the heart to let them go. she was always trying to fill the gap that leaving wyatt had created.

now he was back, and that whole had been filled with four other kids she could love and nurture.

that is, if they wanted her to.