//16\\

"how long until school ends?" sophia asked as the group walked towards the small coffee shop that y/n and jaeden had talked about for the past week.

"a month," jeremy replied, kicking a rock. jaeden talked on and on about the small coffee shop as they walked, y/n occasionally adding in things too.

"how did you find this place?" jack asked. he readjusted the beanie on his head. "my mom used to work here," y/n replied as they approached the shop.

simplicitas est pulchritudo

"what does it mean?" sophia asked. "simplicity is beauty," y/n replied. "it's latin," jaeden added.

simple was a very good word to describe the place. it wasn't very well lit. there were overstuffed chairs and sofas instead of booths and uncomfortable chairs.

the menu was displayed over the counter to order. there were soft, yellow lights hanging around the room. a very strong coffee smell made its way through the building and into everyone's noses.

y/n loved the smell. it made her think of her mother.

"y/n?" a voice said. y/n turned her head in the direction of the voice. a smile spread across her face as she embraced a kid with very curly hair. he couldn't have been older than any of the rest of them.

wyatt couldn't help but feel a small twinge of jealousy flood through him. he quickly let it go. "this is gaten," y/n said. gaten nodded at jaeden. "nice to see you jaeden," he said with a nod. jaeden smiled in return.

"get comfortable," gaten said walking back behind the counter. "i'll be over in a second," he said. the group made their way into the chairs and sofas, forming a semi circle. y/n sat next to wyatt.

she didn't know why he drew so much attention to her.

she had to figure it out soon.