Chapter 20: I'm Sorry

Nova

I never meant to feel this way. It was like I was under a spell that I couldn't break free from.

I just physically couldn't do it anymore. I didn't want to see my new born child, I didn't want to speak to my husband. I didn't want any of it.

I want to isolate myself. I groan in frustration as another nurse comes into my room.

"Just checking your vitals." She said as she comes around to my bed. I lose my patience quickly.

"Can one of you fucking nurses just tell me what the hell is wrong!" I shout at her and wince as my stitches begin to hurt.

"Wh-what do you mean ma'am? I'm gonna need you to calm down." She says frantically.

"Why do I fucking feel this way!" I shout once more and cry out in pain.

"You feel this way because you have postpartum depression." The doctor says as he makes his way into my room just in time.

"And if you keep shouting like that at one of my nurses, you're going to rip your stitches." He warns. I instantly feel bad.

"What the hell is that?" I ask. He explains to me that giving birth has not only take a toll on my body physically, but mentally as well.

"How do I get rid of it?" I ask him.

"We are getting you some anti-depressants and some therapy sessions. I advise you to go to them. And for your family, we are going to need you to interact with them." I feel guilty for rolling my eyes at the thought.

"I know right now you don't feel bad for disposing of your family but it will hit you once you stop feeling this way and you'll be drowning with guilt. Just make an effort." He says, and then walks out.

I will try. For my family and myself.

Vote! :)

(Sorry for the short chapter. I promise I'll be back on my schedule of weekly writing)