Her and I finished talking about the case about an hour ago, but I just didn't want to leave and she didn't want me to leave. I definitely couldn't say no to her.

"You're from Houston?" I ask as I rub circles into her upper thigh.

I feel her nod. "Mhm. Born and raised. I did my undergrad there then moved to California for Law School." She explains. I smile.

"Really? What schools did you go to? How was college? I always wanted to go, but Safaree got in the way of that." I tell her.

"I went to the University of Houston for part of my undergrad then transferred to Baylor and finished there. Then, I went to Stanford for Law School." She explains.

I lift my head up from her chest and look at her with wide eyes. "Stanford?! Wow... That's amazing." I smile.

She chuckles. "Thank you, thank you. It's something I'm still proud of till this day."

I 'aww' loudly and grin. "Was college fun?" I ask

I feel her nod. "Extremely. I did a lot of partying my first two years because I didn't know what to do with all that damn freedom I had, but I always kept my grades up. I made lots of new friends and I remember learning so much about myself. It was probably the most important stage of my life." She tells me as she rubs my back softly.

I smile. I love hearing people talk about their college experiences because it seems like such a fun time in everyone's lives. It does make me slightly jealous when I realize I missed out on that because of a man who ended up abusing me in the end.

"Bey, I should really get going." I say reluctantly.

She groans under me. "Five more minutes, mama."

I roll my eyes. "It's getting dark and the traffic is starting to look pretty dense again. I'll come by tomorrow or you go over." I tell her, hoping she's convinced enough.

I get up from beside her and grab my purse and my phone.

"You'll text me when you make it home." She more so tells me then asks. I nod with a giggle.

"Yup. And you'll do the same." I reply, slinging my purse over my shoulder.

She smiles and nods and we walk out of her office and go straight for the elevator. When we finally make it down to the parking lot and over to my car, we hug and I pull off as she waves.

About forty-five minutes later, I finally make it to my apartment. And as I open the door, I look down and notice and little white piece of paper sitting on the ground.

I furrow my eyebrows and close the door then lock it.

Bending down to pick it up so I can throw it in the trash, I notice some writing on it.

"You better watch your back, Onika."

My heart drops right along with the piece of my paper and my purse.

What the fuck?

My breathing picks up and I do the first thing that comes to mind: I call Beyoncé.