More Comfort

"You mind if I stop by the office real quick? I have to be in a quick conference call. I promise it won't take long. It just came up last minute. Beyoncé explains to me as she stops at a red light.

I chuckle and look over at her.

"I don't mind, Bey. It's okay. Do what you gotta do." I tell her and see her smile.

"Thank you. I won't be long. 15 minutes max." She explains again, making me giggle. "It's okay." I reassure her.

We pull up to her office and she helps me out of the car and shuts the door after I get out. We walk in together and make our way over to the elevator. Once we're finally on her floor, we step out and start making our way over to her office.

"Mrs. Knowles, the other two lawyers are on the line waiting." Her assistant says as we walk by.

She thanks her and we both make our way into her office then she rushes over to the phone on her desk and puts it up to her ear.

I just simply make my way over to the seat that's in front of the large window overlooking the city and make myself comfortable. I think that my favorite part of coming to her office is the view. It's so captivating and I get lost in my thoughts every single time I look out.

I'll just tune her out. I don't want to be all up in her phone call or her business. Hopefully nothing bad happened though.

Pulling out my phone, I see I have a text from my coworker Naima. She never texts me unless she wants to be in on some scoop she thinks I have or if she has no one else to tell people's business to.

Nika 👀👀👀 how's 'plans for 6' going with that gorgeous lawyer of yours? I know you've had a taste of the rainbow a few times - Naima

I roll my eyes and chuckle to myself. She's being super persistent on how she thinks Beyoncé wants me! I told her that she's happily married to a beautiful woman, but that didn't change her mind one bit. There's no way Beyoncé wants me when her wife has everything, even the face and the body. Naima says it's not normal for your lawyer to invite you out for dinner, but I think she needs to stop overthinking. What Beyoncé and I have is all friendly, nothing more.

I told you it's just dinner as friends Naima! Nothing more! - Me

I press send and set my phon down, allowing myself to get lost in the beauty of the city.

Beyoncé caused way too much of a mess in Naima's little head with all she did at Starbucks. Got her believing something is really going on between us. I mean, Beyoncé is a great person and she's absolutely beautiful, but she has a wife! A very beautiful a wife at that! I doubt I can compete with her, if I ever had to. Not that I want to, but if it ever came down to Ali feeling jealous over Beyoncé and I's friendship, I wouldn't be able to compete with her.

I'm knocked out of my trance with a warm hand resting gently on my shoulder. I look up at her and smile slightly as I stand up and grab my purse.

"You ready to go? You looked deep in thought there." She tells me with a chuckle and I can't help but laugh. I nod and we make our way out of her office. If only she knew what was going on in my head and Naima's!

A couple minutes later, we get situated in her car again and she drives off to whatever restaurant she's taking me to. Which I just realized I forgot to ask her.

"Where are we going?" I say as I look over at her.

"Nobu. Is that okay? I love Japanese." She tells me and I smile and nod. "Nobu's perfect." I say and relax into the comfortable passenger seat of her Range Rover. Traffic is on the really dense side right now so it's gonna take a little longer than usual to get to Malibu.